http://reborn-babies-dolls.com/?p=15 Summary:- This article will describe the two best methods to extract contacts from OST file. You will learn the manual method to move contacts from Outlook OST files with the help of the Outlook Export/Import feature. you will also get to know about a professional solution to recover contacts from OST files free. Choose the option according to your need and extract Outlook contacts with ease.
OST stands for Offline Outlook Data Files as it contains data in them and provides offline access to the users. It is used by IMAP accounts, Microsoft 365 accounts, Exchange accounts, and Outlook.com account users to store and synchronize copies of their mailbox information on a local computer.
Outlook Offline Data Files(.ost) helps you to access emails, calendar data, contacts, and tasks in offline mode, whether your connection to the mail server is lost. Further, it will allow users to read messages, compose an email, create appointments, and add contacts. Still, sometimes, users need to extract contacts from OST files for different purposes like creating a backup of contacts, changing this OST file into a portable file format like PST, or transferring Outlook OST data into other email clients.
How to Extract Contacts from Outlook OST file?
There are three different methods to retrieve or recover contacts from Outlook Data File (.ost) file.
- Extract contacts from an OST file Using Outlook Import/Export Feature
- Recover contacts from OST file which gets Corrupted or Damage
- An expert Method to Extract OST Contacts into Portable Document PST
Use Outlook Import/Export Option to Retrieve Contacts from OST file
Outlook is the most reliable email client for professional users. It includes a built-in Export/Import option to extract contacts from the OST file. Moreover, you can use the below-mentioned method on different versions of Outlook like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010.
- Macerata Start Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Here, you will find the Open & Export section>>Import/Export.
- Select the Export a File from the list.
- Click the Next button to continue the process.
- After that, choose the Outlook Data File(.csv) and click Next.
- Select the folder in the preview panel to export and click Next.
- Now, click on the Browse button to select the destination path for a folder containing OST contacts.
- You can also manage the duplicate contacts of the folder.
- Click on the Finish button to start the extraction of OST contacts.
Limitations of the Manual Method
After performing the above method, you can move contacts from the OST file. You may face some drawbacks like:-
- The method Steps are a time-consuming process and may chances data loss.
- A user must have the technical knowledge to execute the procedure.
- There is a possibility that the contacts containing the folder get corrupted.
- An exchange server connection needs to get established to execute the tasks.
How to Extract Contacts from a Corrupt OST file?
Different reasons lead to the need to fix the corruption of the OST files. In addition, Outlook will not allow you to access any Outlook data if your OST file is severely corrupted, and it can be hard to fix the file and extract contacts from the OST file. To quickly troubleshoot the OST file corruption, you can opt for the best OST Recovery Software. The software is competent enough to extract all the mailbox items from the OST files and save the extracted data into multiple saving formats like PST, EML, MSG, DBX, & MBOX.
Steps to Recover Data From Corrupt OST file
- Start OST Outlook Recovery Tool and click Open to browse the corrupted OST file.
- Choose from the three recovery modes,i.e., Standard, Advanced, and Deep.
- Have an option to Handle Alignment errors in OST files and click Ok.
- The scanning process gets completed. Click Ok.
- Here, you can preview all your mail items and click Save.
- Select a location for the resultant folder and opt for the saving option.
- Choose the inbuilt features and click Ok to start the saving process.
- Within time, the saving process gets completed. Click OK to exit.
An Expert Method to Extract OST Contacts into Portable Document PST
SysInfo OST to PST Converter is the best OST converter tool that allows users to extract contacts from the OST file and other mailbox items. This advanced Free OST Converter tool converts the OST files into PST and other file formats like PST, MSG, MBOX, CSV, EML, etc.
Several Benefits of OST Converter Tool
- Export emails, contacts, journals, tasks, and notes from an OST file to an Outlook PST file.
- Convert multiple OSt files into Outlook Data file(.pst)
- Import OST files into 15+ email clients like Gmail, Office 365, AOL, Thunderbird, etc.
- Remove Duplicate emails based on To, From, Bcc, Subject, and Body.
- Mail Filter to perform the selective migration of OST emails.
- Support all the versions of Outlook like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- It runs on all the versions of Windows like 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
Needs to Extract Contacts from an OST file
Plenty of reasons insist users to extract contacts from OST files. Some of them are listed below:-
- Sometimes, users need to create a backup of the OST contacts.
- To avoid the loss of OST file data during OST file corruption.
- Suppose users are looking for a solution to move or extract contacts from the Outlook OST file to other email clients.
- The reason could be that you need to convert this OST file into a portable file format like PST.
These are some reasons that lead to the need to extract contacts and other mailbox items from the OST file.
In this blog post, we have looked at the method to extract contacts from OST files. As we all know the process is time-consuming and tedious. To save time and fix the corrupt OST file, try the Outlook OST Recovery Tool. Try the demo version of the software to extract contacts from OST File free.