If the user is getting the message of “Outlook Error 0x80042109”, then, there can be several reasons behind this issue that can affect the user severely. But, you don’t have to be worried as here we will discuss all these things one by one. So, just join me and get to know more about it.
Outlook is one of the outstanding email applications that offers excellent services to its users. It maintains the user’s data and keeps its features up to date. This makes it one of the most reliable and trustworthy platforms among users. It provides the best security features to its users. Still, it easily gets prone to corruption or error from time to time. That creates Outlook 365 Error 0x80042109 among the users while working.
To deal with this situation, users must know the reasons and the possible techniques that will help. If the user doesn’t know these things then, here is the article which is written just for you. So let’s look at the reasons first.
Outlook Error 0x80042109 Windows 7 Causes:
There are several reasons for this inconsistency, i.e:
- Inconsistent email messages and Outlook data files.
- Invalid Outlook account settings
- Inaccessibility of the windows server
- Partial Outlook installationSpyware or virus attack
Now, the user has an idea which one of the above causes this error. So let’s proceed further and know some of the manual approaches to fix it.
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x80042109 with Smart Procedures?
Various manual methods are available for the users to solve Outlook error code 0x80042109. Users can choose any one of the approaches and try it.
Trick 1 – Mail Settings Lookup
In this method, users have to inspect their mail settings to see if the outgoing server SMTP is chosen or not. If it is not, then it means there is an issue that needs to be solved. One can inspect the mail settings and choose the option, by using these steps:
- First, redirect to Tools -> tap Account Settings -> then click POP 3 account -> choose Change.
- Secondary, verify your credentials: name field and mail id.
- Thirdly, confirm the incoming and outgoing mail server fields and ensure its validity.
- Now, tap the outgoing server, and mark the checkbox ‘My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication’.
- Then, tap Advanced and choose the checkbox stating ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’.
- In the end, press the OK button to validate settings.
Trick 2 – Reinstall Outlook App on Windows 10
The error is an extreme result of improper Outlook installation. So, you may require to download the app again on your local machine and try to fix the “Outlook Error 0x80042109”.
To do so, one must remove the software and download it again. After installing, try forwarding the mail again to the listed recipient. If the mail is sent without any interruption, then this suggests that the error is regarding the unfinished installation of the Microsoft Outlook app.
Trick 3 – Disable Windows Defender Firewall Windows 10
This error can be caused by many unknown events. Although, one of them can be the installation of the firewall on your local PC. Deactivate the firewall and then try sending a message using your MS Outlook account.
Trick 4 – Remove your Account and Add it Again
There are several ways to fix the error. Likewise, this is one of the portable ways one can try following for better results. Following these steps, you can deactivate your account and try reactivating it again.
- First, redirect to the Settings tab.
- Move to Apps.
- Choose the Outlook client.
- Then, hit the Advanced alternative.
- After following the above steps as directed, tap the Reset button.
Now, you must retype in your account credentials, set it up, and hang on for the account profile to synchronize.
This trick will assist you in fixing the Outlook data file error 0x80042109 with the given solutions. Or else, you can try the other steps.
Trick 5 – If the Windows Update but waiting for the completion of the installation process
Users can face the issue where updates have already been downloaded. But it needs to be installed. These things later create a lot of problems for the user. Thus, one needs to check from time to time so that they don’t get in this situation again. If the user will inspect the pending updates then, install them immediately.
The User just has to use the steps that are mentioned below:
- Firstly, tap on “Start”.
- In the search box, enter “Update” then press Enter.
- Now, find any uninstalled update(s) on the resultant Windows Update dialogue box. Then, right-tap on each one of them and initiate the updates.
- Lastly, start the system again. Then, start Outlook immediately and then send an email again to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Trick 6 – Try to use Restore System
In case, the user tried all the above methods, still unable to fix this error. Then they should try to operate system restore.
Windows can be restored to your working state. User can operate the following steps to do the process of system restore:
- To start the process, press the keys together- Win + Q.
- Now, tap on the option of “Settings”.
- Then, select the option of “Recovery”.
- Here, from the resultant open window, users are required to choose “System Restore”.
- After that, the user has to choose the date when the computer was working without any issues.
- Once the process begins, allow it to run before shutting down the computer and starting it again.
So, these were the manual approaches that one can easily perform. In case, they find it difficult to operate or unable to fix it then there may be PST corruption issues. Then they can also try a third-party tool i.e PST Recovery that can recover maximum content from the damaged or corrupt PST files. This tool supports PST Files of MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, etc.
If the user is facing Outlook Error 0x80042109, then he/she can use any of the explained approaches. In this blog, we have tried our best and explain both freeware and automated solutions. So that users can use any of the following as per their comfort and need. Both i.e manual and automated techniques can easily fix this Outlook error. These are simple to use and if one knows what to do in this situation, then it is just a cakewalk for them.