If you are a regular user of Outlook, sometimes the saved data is quite tedious for you. This article will show the different ways using which you can easily access your stored data of PST files with or without installing the MS Outlook apps.
Outlook is a safe and top-notch product managed by Microsoft. It allows you to manage your emails, contacts, calendars, and upcoming meetings daily. As per daily users, you will have to store your Outlook data to a local drive to avoid corruption or storage issues. It stores data items(emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals) in PST file format. One can view the PST files in the presence of Outlook, but sometimes, if you can share that file with others or there is no Outlook on your system, then it is tedious to work with PST files, and there is a chance of data loss as well.
Now, the question arises, how can I open PST files without Outlook? Here, you will learn the top 4-best approach to viewing the content of PST files without an Outlook environment. All the mentioned solutions are easy to perform and open the PST file data free of cost.
How to Open the PST File With Outlook 2010/2013/2016?
Follow the mentioned steps to open PST file with different versions of Outlook:
- Open Outlook and click on the File menu and then select the Open & Export option.
- Select Open Outlook Data File option and click on it.
- Here, you have to select>>add the desired file in the register. After selecting the files, click the Open button.
- Finally, Outlook will display your added PST file.
Steps to Open the PST File With Outlook 2007 or Older
- Open Outlook and select the File tab, and click Open.
- Here, select Import, a new wizard will appear on your screen containing import/export assistant.
- Click on the Import from other programs or files and click Next to confirm.
- Select the Personal folder file (.pst) field and click Next.
- Now, select the inbuilt option to remove duplicate items according to your necessity.
- After that, click on the Next button and select the storage location of the file. Click the Finish button to confirm the changes.
- Lastly, you can view your added PST file in Outlook.
How to Open PST Files Without Outlook Online?
This part will define the different manual and professional ways to open PST file attachments without Outlook application, working steps of all the solutions are easy to apply. Let us try them:
Convert PST files Into TXT Format
If you want to send the PST files to another who did not have a setup of Outlook on their device. Then you can try this procedure to convert PST files into TXT format and send them to the specific person. With the help of a TXT file, one can easily view the data present inside it. Follow the steps mentioned:
- Firstly, open Outlook and choose the email you want to convert into TXT format.
- Once you select the email, click on the File menu.
- Select the Save As button and opt with the .txt extension as a saving option.
- Assign the location and name of the output file. Click on the Save button,
- Finally, you can send this TXT file to a user who did not have a setup for Outlook.
Convert PST Files Into HTML Format
If you are thinking, how can I open PST files without Outlook? Then it may be the way by which you can open PST files. Now, to convert a PST email to HTML format, implement the mentioned steps:
- Open Outlook on your PC.
- Now, select the desired email you want to convert into HTML.
- Then click on the File option and select the Save as an option.
- From the drop-down of Save as type, select HTML as the desired format.
- After that, click on the Save button to download the email into HTML format.
- Now, you can send this email to any other users who did not have an Outlook.
Convert PST into Gmail
You can also open PST files without Outlook online by migrating the PST files into Gmail. As we all know, Gmail is a top-rated email client that allows its users to manage their data with ease. To-do-so, you can with the free tool provided by Google name as Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook.
The software is safe and efficient that permits users to convert PST files into Gmail without any data loss. Moreover, to migrate PST files into Gmail and other email clients like Office 365, Thunderbird AOL, you can use the SysInfo PST Converter Tool that will Convert PST to CSV, MBOX, EML and various other formats.
Use PST Viewer To One PST Without Outlook
Above mentioned methods are simple and easy to apply, but it does not allow you to open or access PST files in bulk and there is a possibility of data loss also. Therefore, use the SysInfo PST Viewer utility to open PST files without Outlook. It is a standalone utility that allows users to view emails, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks, journal entries, etc. In addition, you can open corrupt Outlook data files (ANSI & Unicode).
Generally, to view PST files data, you have to use the Outlook application. But if you did not have a setup of Outlook and want to view the content present in the Outlook PST, you can try the manual and professional way and get the complete solution of your query: How can I open PST files without Outlook.