There are many such situations when the user is has a PST file but he is unable to open it without an internet connection or MS Outlook and now things have changed. In this article, I am going to tell you that how you can open PST file offline and moreover I know your data is crucial and you want to open it anyways. Many corporate companies prefer MS Outlook for sending and receiving emails.
Now, let’s come straight to the point that how we can open PST file if we don’t have access to the internet and there are two simple techniques to do so. You can read PST file on MS Outlook and on PST File viewer as well as both of them are free and easy.
But PST viewer has an advantage because you can view the contents of the PST files even if you don’t have MS Outlook installed on your computer system. But first I’ll tell you how to view PSY file on MS Outlook in an Offline mode.
http://fabcare.com/bath-mats/ Open PST file in MS Outlook 2010
- First Go to the top left corner and then Click on divertingly File Tab.
- Click on Account Settings then Select Account Settings option.
- In the Account Settings Wizard Click on Data Files Tab.
- Now, Click on Add Files and then locate PST file which you want to open. Click on OK button.
- Your PST file will appear on the Left Pane in Outlook 2010 then you will be able to open it and read it.
Read PST Content in Outlook 2007
- Launch MS Outlook 2007 and then Click on File tab on the top left corner of the page.
- Select Open in from the options below.
- Click on Outlook Data File Option.
- Locate the PST file you want to open offline.
- Click on OK button.
- Once the files are added to Outlook profile you can easily view all the contents.
The major drawback of the above two technique is that it is mandatory to have MS Outlook application installed in the computer system. But I have a way out where you can open PST file offline without MS Outlook.
You can use the PST File Viewer Software which is absolutely free and you don’t have to spend a single penny and can avail the software free of cost.
You May Also Read- Import PST File to OST File Format.
PST File Viewer
The only option you are left with is a professional tool which will help you to open PST file without an internet connection. Once you download the software then it requires no internet connection to open an Outlook PST file.
Features of the Software
- Enables you to Read, Open and View PST file without Outlook and Internet.
- Compatible with ANSI and Unicode PST file formats.
- Previews Emails, Calendars, Contacts, and all items present in a PST file.
- Opens Corrupt and Encrypted PST files as well.
- Handles Alignment Errors.
- Creates a LOG file of all the PST contents.
How to Open PST File Offline using PST File Viewer
- Download and Launch PST File Viewer.
- Click on Open and Browse the PST file which you want to read and Click on OK Button.
- The Scanning process will start. Once the scanning process completes, a Confirmation Message will be displayed on the Screen. Click on OK button to Continue.
- You can preview the PST files and can view all the Data present on it.
It is a free utility and you don’t have to spend a single penny to avail this software therefore you have two choices, either you can use MS Outlook to view PST file content or avail the free PST viewer tool if you don’t have MS Outlook on your computer system.
I would like to summarize the whole article. I have told you the various techniques to open PST file offline without access to the internet therefore now it is totally up to you which free utility you avail. You might be not able to open PST file in MS Outlook if your PST file is corrupted. So the option you are left with is PST File Reader Tool.