Do you want to open the VHDX file and look for solutions?
So, we are exploring some of the best ideas to open the file in this post. Which will tell users how to open VHDX file. Go below the sections and get simple solutions.
Let’s start with the explanation about the VHDX file in detail.
What is VHDX File?
VHDX stands for Hyper V virtual hard disk. It is identical to a physical hard drive which contains the division and file system of the disk. It was first developed by Connectix as VHD for Microsoft Virtual PC. Under Microsoft Open Specification Promise it is available to third parties. VHDX has 64 TB of fantastic storage space.
VHDX was developed as an updated version of VHD which offers support and optimization for data corruption to improve hard drive capacity. It was introduced to Windows Server 2012 on Hyper-V.
Some prominent features are as follows:
- Perform Backup and Recovery Process.
- Makes replicas between the virtual hard disk and host Machine.
- Managing images.
- Exchange Disks.
Now, look at the manual solutions for this as follows.
How to Open VHDX file Manually
Follows the below steps and learn how to open VHDX files:
- Initially, go to start and browse the Windows AdministrativeTools
- Press the Computer Management.
- Go to the left-hand side, in the Storage click on Disk Management. You can see many drives list on your screen.
- Now, make a right-click on the Disk Management and hit the Attach VHD option.
- In the Attach Virtual Hard Disk dialog box, pick the Browse button. Visit the path where the VHDX file is saved and Open it. Then tap OK button.
- Now, untick the Read-only button, for adding, making modifications and removing files or folders in the virtual disk.
- The drive starts showing up as a normal drive after the mounting cycle ends. The symbol is shown in light blue colour.
- Open This PC after the disk is installed and you can go inside the drive.
- You can open VHDX file in this way, and can even use it as another standard drive.
This process may take longer time to open up the VHDX file. Therefore, if you want to execute the process in lesser time then follow the nest method.
Substitute Method to open VHDX File
Hyper-V Recovery Program is your VHDX file opener tool. This method is useful when restoring and accessing your damaged or corrupted VHDX file. It ensures no alteration in the original data. It is an extremely efficient program for retrieving all of your data and accessing certain files without any problem.
- Fast and efficient recovery of as much data as possible from corrupted VHDX files.
- This program also supports the Master Boot Record (MBR) and GUID partition table (GPT).
- It supports a range of popular file systems such as FAT, FAT16, FAT64, NTFS, HFS+, and EXTX.
- This only supports recovery from the formatted drive when saved in a FAT file system.
Begin the Steps to Open VHDX File
- First, install and launch the VHDX Recovery Tool.
- Go to the Browse button and search and Open the VHDX file.
- Now, pick the “Dynamic Disk” or “Fixed Disk” and hit on the Next button.
- Choose either “Standard” or “Advanced” recovery mode options, and hit the Next button.
- It will start the scanning process.
- The VHDX file scanning process will complete after a few seconds.
- To save the recovered VHDX file, select a destination path.
- For saving VHDX file successfully, press the “OK” button.
Hope now you understand how to open VHDX files securely without losing original content of the file.
From this guide, you will know what is VHDX file in detail and how to open VHDX file through the manual methods as discussed above. Also, an alternate method is also given for opening VHDX file securely.