This article will describe the complete solution to how to repair Outlook PST files. In addition, we will talk about an expert utility named Sysinfo PST File Recovery that allows users to remove all the mailbox data and other items from the corrupt PST files.
Outlook Personal Storage file (PST) is a popular file format of Outlook to store local copies of mailbox emails, calendar events, and other items from your Exchange mailbox. It can include all of your Outlook folders, including the Inbox, Calendar, and Contacts. But sometimes, users may face issues with Microsoft Outlook’s Personal Folders File format, formerly known as .pst,i.e., PST file corruption or damage. Well, No need to worry. Microsoft Outlook comes up with a built-in tool called Inbox Repair to help you fix corrupted PST files.
When Do We Need to Use Free PST Repair Tool?
You have to use the Inbox Repair Tool(SCANPST.EXE) while you want to fix the corruption error of the Outlook data file. The free tool is competent enough to troubleshoot the Outlook data files issue efficiently.
buy generic prednisone online You have to use this Inbox Repair tool in different scenarios. Some of them are listed below:
- When you receive a message that Outlook can’t open your data file.
- When receiving the pop-up that Outlook can’t open the set of the folder.
- You think that Outlook Data Files get corrupted or damaged.
How to Repair Outlook PST Files Manually?
Follow these below steps to repair Outlook personal folder file (.pst) by using the Inbox Repair tool.
What is the Inbox Repair Tool?
The Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) is designed with a highly advanced algorithm to help repair issues associated with personal folder files. It is by default installed with all English-language Microsoft Outlook installation options depending on the platform you are using.
synecologically Steps to Repair Corrupt PST File Online Free
Firstly, exit Outlook and browse to one of the file locations mentioned below:
For Outlook 2019:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
For Outlook 2016:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Outlook 2013:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
For Outlook 2010:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2007:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
1. Open SCANPST.EXE on your system.
2. Click on the Browse button to select the Outlook Data File (.pst) you want to scan.
3. Select the Start button and click on it to start scanning.
4. Now, wait till the scanning process gets completed.
5. If you found any issue during scanning of the added PST.
6. Check the option Make a backup of the scanned file before repairing.
7. Here, you can view the details of the added PST file.
8. Click on the Repair button to start the repairing process.
After the repairing process gets complete, start Outlook with the profile associated with the Outlook Data File you just repaired.
Steps to Move Recover Repaired Items to a new .pst file
There might be a possibility that Outlook Data files contain some unnecessary threats that corrupt PST files again. So to overcome this, create a new Outlook Data File and move the items in the Lost and Found folder into the new data file.
After completing the moving process, exclude the Recovered Personal Folders (.pst) file, including the Lost and Found folder. So follow the steps to create a new Outlook Data File:
1. Start Outlook and go to Inbox.
2. Choose the New Items and opt for the More Items.
3. Here, choose the Outlook Data File from the opening list.
4. Assign the name of the File.
5. Now, to add a password, check the Add Optional Password box.
6. Click on the OK button. Enter a password in both the Password and Verify Password text boxes and click OK again.
Automated Solution to Repair Outlook PST files
SysInfo PST File Recovery is a risk-free and powerful tool to fix corrupted Outlook PST files with 100% data accuracy. It is too powerful to repair the PST files of different Outlook versions 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, etc.
Benefits of Using PST Repair Tool
- Recover data from the Outlook PST file like Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Journals, Tasks, Notes, etc.
- Have an option to restore PST files into PST, RTF, MSG, EML, HTML, etc.
- Option to handle alignment errors in PST files.
- There is no file size limitation to add Outlook PST files.
- Feature to preview the recoverable PST folders in a tree structure.
- Date Range option to restore emails from the PST file between two dates.
- Advanced recovery mode for an added PST file: standard, advanced, deep.
- Preserve the folders hierarchy intact during the scanning, recovery, and saving process.
- Support MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and its versions below.
Step to Repair Outlook PST Files
1. Start the PST File Recovery as an administrator.
2. Click Open to select the PST file from the computer.
3. Opt with the needful recovery mode and click on the Ok button.
4. Scanning process gets completed for selected PST file, click Ok.
5. Here, you can check the folders and preview of Outlook email folders.
6. Click on the Save button and add the desired location for a new resultant file.
7. Choose the saving option and add the inbuilt features.
8. Finally, the saving process gets completed. Click Ok.
Repair Outlook PST Files using the Inbox Repair Tool is the most reliable and efficient process. But, In case if you can not recover your data fluently with the help of the manual method, you can also use the most recommendable SysInfo PST File Recovery tool and restore all the mailbox items into other different files formats.