MBOX file standard and cross-platform file format that stores emails with their attachments in them. It makes a single specific file for organizing email messages. In addition, it is compatible with Thunderbird, Eudora, PocoMail, etc, to store email data.
Whereas, Outlook allows users to store and access their emails, contacts, calendars, journals, tasks, etc. Thus the majority of users looking for a solution to this query: How to import MBOX file in Outlook? This blog defines the step-by-step procedure to import MBOX to Outlook manually as well as professionally.
Why Do We Need to Convert MBOX to Outlook?
Let’s first discuss why it is necessary to import MBOX to Outlook. Before moving to the solution part for transferring MBOX emails into Outlook PST.
- Outlook and their PST files are widely accessible and acceptable software and format.
- It consists of different built-in features that make it the first choice in comparison to others.
- Outlook permits users to manage their emails, contact, calendars, tasks, notes, journals data efficiently.
- Sometimes, users are facing issues with the Thunderbird email application and want to switch on Outlook.
- One gets many features and benefits of MS Office suite products.
- Outlook provides password security to its files and therefore is much safer than MBOX.
- Users want to access the MBOX emails into Offline mode.
- One can also want to shift because of wanting a desktop application to access their MBOX files emails.
These are the different aspects and reasons that insist users to import their MBOX emails into Outlook mail apps. Now, here are the techniques to import MBOX to Outlook.
Manual Solution to Export MBOX Emails Into Outlook
Implement the steps mentioned below to convert MBOX to Outlook:
- Open Gmail and Sign In with Gmail id and password.
- Click on the Setting icon and move to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP section.
- Select the Enable IMAP option.
- After that, configure the IMAP account and select the save changes button.
Note:- To implement the manual solution steps, you have to install Thunderbird and Outlook on your pc.
- Now, launch the Thunderbird on your system.
- Open the Mail account setup window and enter the required details and tap the Continue button.
- Enable the IMAP option and click on the Manual config button.
- Select the necessary details:
Server Hostname:- imap.gmail.com
port:- 993, SSL/TLS
Server Hostname:- smtp.gmail.com
port:- 465, SSL/TLS
- Now, opt with Create a new account button.
- After that, verify your Gmail account from Thunderbird and open any mail.
- Finally, drag and drop the file into the Gmail mailbox to import MBOX to Outlook.
Import MBOX Files Into Outlook
Follow these steps mentioned to configure Outlook to a Gmail account:
- Open Outlook and opt with the File option.
- Choose manually configure server setting option or additional server types in the opening wizard.
- Opt with the internet email option and tap on the Next button. Enter the required information.
- Go through with the IMAP option from the Advance Setup wizard.
- Type the mentioned details:
Incoming server:- gmail.com
outgoing serve:- smtp.gmail.com
- After that, click on the More Settings button.
- In the Outgoing server: Select my outgoing server (SMTP)
- In the Incoming server: Select my incoming server (SMTP), Enter the 993 port number.
- Then, check if the server requires an encrypted connection feature to set the type of encryption to SSC for an IMAP mail account.
- In the outgoing server: Enter port no 587. Set the type of encryption to TLS and then hit the Ok button and exit.
- Select the Test account setting option. (It is used for checking the account setting)
- Finally, you will receive a notification ‘your account setting is correct’ Click on the Next button.
After performing the above steps correctly, you will get all the data into Outlook with a Gmail configured profile.
Limitations of Manual Solution Steps
- A method is quite lengthy, risky, and difficult to use.
- It required a high level of technical knowledge.
- Sometimes, the process should be a time-taking process.
- Users cannot trust the manual approach to Import MBOX to Outlook because there may be a chance of losing the data.
Alternate Solution to Convert MBOX Emails Into Outlook
SysInfo MBOX to Outlook Converter is an efficient solution to export MBOX emails into Outlook PST without any data loss. The software is exclusively developed to perform the bulk migration of MBOX emails into Outlook. Moreover, it also allows users to import MBOX to PST, PDF, EML, HTML, TXT, Gmail, Office 365, AOL, IMAP, Hotmail, etc.
Step-By-Step Guide to Transfer MBOX Emails into Outlook
- Download and Install the SysInfo MBOX Exporter on your system.
- Opt with Single File or Multiple Files/Folder options to browse MBOX files.
- Check the folders from the tree hierarchy to import.
- Then select PST from the drop-down of Saves/Backup/Migrate As options.
- According to your need, go through with different built-in options.
- Select the Path To Save button and locate the saving location.
- Click on the Convert to initiate the import process of MBOX into Outlook PST.
- last, you can also save the conversion report of migration.
Through this blog, we learn both the manual and professional ways to import MBOX to Outlook. Both methods are easy to use, but sometimes users face issues while working with a manual solution. Thus I recommend you opt with the third-party solution and perform the conversion of MBOX emails successfully.