NST file is an extension that is used to store data in Microsoft Outlook. NST files perform similar features to OST files. These files can maintain all the folders such as tasks, calendars, contact, etc. When you configure your profile with an Office 365 account using the .nst extension. It helps to create an office 365 .nst file. NST files are similar to OST files. So, you can import NST file to Outlook by changing the .nst extension to .ost file format.
Outlook helps to focus on the message that is important to you. Also, it helps to manage and share your calendar to schedule meetings. The Outlook includes different formats such as OST and PST.
How can you Create NST File?
If you configure Outlook to Office 365, it will automatically create an NST file. It occurs because all the cache data of Office 365 are stored in the NST file format.
- First, click on Microsoft Outlook, and then you can add an Office 365 account with it.
- After that, it will display a message we are getting things ready.
- Now, enter your Password to log in to your office 365 account. You can press the Ok button.
- It will show you the Mail directory location dialogue box. Now, click on the Ok button so that you can continue the process.
- After that, you will receive a notification that your Confirmation Account Setup has been completed.
- You can now click on the Ok button.
- It will make Outlook configure emails and time processes depend on the size of the data.
- At last, you can see the NST file on the path where you saved your OST file.
These are some steps that will help you in creating NST files. Also, many reasons can make you move Outlook NST files. You can follow them as mentioned below.
Reasons to Import NST File to Outlook
- You are not required to import and keep a backup of the NST files. Once, you have downloaded Outlook on your system
- This can synchronize all the information between your computer and the email server.
- It can help you to work in an Offline mode.
These are some of the reasons that will make you open an NST file in Outlook. Besides this, let’s get back to the solution.
How to Convert Import NST file to Outlook
Here, to import the NST file to Outlook, You have to follow the below procedures:
- Convert NST to OST File format.
- Convert OST files to PST file format.
- Now, Import the PST file to Outlook.
- Convert NST to OST File format
- First, search the NST file on your system.
- After that, right-click on the NST file and then click on the Properties option.
- Now, you have to change the file extension from .nst to .ost on the general tab.
This solution will help you to convert NST to OST file format. Now, follow other procedural steps to convert OST to PST file format using the third-party solution.
- Convert OST to PST Format
After, you have changed the file extension from .nst to .ost file format. Now you are required to follow some more steps.
- Now, you have to open the Sysinfo OST to PST Converter.
- After that, choose an OST File using the Add File button.
- You can now scan the OST file then click the Ok button.
- All recovered OST file mailboxes are previewed using the Preview option.
- After that, Choose the PST file format from the drop-down list.
- At last, tap on Convert option. It will convert the OST files to PST file format.
Now, you are required to follow the other solution. It will help to Import the PST file to Outlook. Also, it solves the query of why is Outlook creating NST files?
- Import PST to Outlook
- First, select any File.
- After that, Navigate that file to the Open and export option. Now, you can open the Import/Export option.
- Now, you have to click on the Import from another program or file option. After that, click the Ok button.
- Choose the Outlook data file(.pst) within the Import a file window. Press on the Next button.
- Click the Browse option after the Import Outlook data file window shows up.
- Select the Path from where you want the PST file to emails from. Click the Open button.
- Click on the Do Not Import duplicate option. It will prevent you from importing duplicate files again and again. You will see this option when you are back to the Import Outlook Data File window.
- Finally, choose the Import from the Top folder, subfolders, and click on the Finish button.
After following the above solutions, you can solve the query-why is Outlook creating NST files? Also, it would become feasible for you to Import NST to Outlook.
Many users are facing problems to Import NST files to Outlook. To solve this problem, I have mentioned- How to create NST files? After that, you can refer to 3 solutions to import NST files to Outlook. First, you have to convert NST to PST file format, then I have used an expert solution ie. Sysinfo OST to PST converter to convert your OST file to a PST file. Now, you can follow the Import PST to Outlook method explained above.