Nowadays the users are shifting from Mozilla Thunderbird to MS Outlook just for the sake of additional features but they are unaware of the fact that it is not easy to import Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 without using a third-party software. If you are also facing the same issues then you’ll find the solution soon later in this article.
First of all, you must know the reason why users want to switch from Thunderbird Email Client to MS Outlook.
where to buy provigil in south africa Reasons for Thunderbird to Outlook Migration
- MS Outlook provides more email storage space than Thunderbird.
- Recently MS Outlook has upgraded its version and made the interface easy to use.
- The processing speed has been improved as well.
- High security to the content present on the email server.
- The user can store emails, contacts, attachments, journals, and many other things.
Due to the above advantages the user wants to switch the email client.
buy disulfiram 500 Some Unknown Facts about Email Clients
There are some unknown facts about Mozilla Thunderbird and MS Outlook. Let’s talk about Mozilla Thunderbird. It is a web-based email client and it only supports MBOX File format. If the user wants to open any other file format on Mozilla Thunderbird, then he has to convert the file first to MBOX and then view the contents.
MS Outlook only supports PST file format and it is both a web-based email client and an application. There are basically two file formats supported by MS Outlook and those are OST and PST. PST file format is used for storing online details on the server and OST file format is an offline way of storing the contents. But MS Outlook doesn’t support any file format other than OST and PST.
I suppose now you have realized that why it is difficult to import Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 or to any other version because they use specified file formats only and therefore neither MS Outlook supports MBOX file nor Thunderbird Client Supports PST format.
Therefore the only way out is to convert MBOX file to PST and then access it on MS Outlook.
Manual ways to Convert MBOX to PST
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird into your PC.
- Select the Email folder which you want to Import.
- Now, Select the Emails from that folder (Press Ctrl + A to select all).
- Make a Right-Click on the Email and then choose Save As option.
- Select the Location and then Save the File is EML File.
- Now, Launch MS Outlook.
- Click on New Folder.
- Once the Folder is created import the files which you have saved earlier from Thunderbird.
- Drag those files from the saved location to Main Pane of MS Outlook 2010.
You may Also Read- Convert OLM Files to PST.
Now, you have successfully transferred all your emails from Thunderbird to Outlook.
I know you might be thinking that it is a lengthy process and if you are not a technical expert then it would be hard for you to do so.
Don’t worry because there is one shortcut through which you can easily change the MBOX file format to PST file format. But for doing so you need professional software and obviously, it is not free. You have to lose your pocket.
This tool is specially designed for those users who are not a technical expert and to import Thunderbird to Outlook 2016. There are many more features in this tool like it can directly export MBOX files to Gmail as well. In just a few steps you can convert MBOX file in any format in which you want to convert.
Steps to Use MBOX Exporter
- Download and Launch MBOX File Converter Software.
- Click on Add Files Button to add MBOX file which you want to convert.
- Once the File Are Added Click on Export Button.
- Now Select the option Save As PST option and then Browse the location where you want to save the file.
- The conversion process starts and once it completes you’ll get a Confirmation Message.
After completing the above process you can import the PST files into MS Outlook from the saved location.
Finally, you know how to open Thunderbird MBOX files on MS Outlook. The software would help you to import Thunderbird to Outlook 2016. If you are a technical expert then you can use the manual method but let me make you one thing clear that there are some possibilities of data loss. Therefore for converting each and every contents and item you can use the professional MBOX Exporter software. I hope my article proved informative.