If you are looking for ways to add Apple Mail account to Outlook, here you can achieve it easily by reading this blog. This article is a solution that will tell users comparison between Apple mail and Outlook, along with that reasons behind conversion. We have mentioned manual methods to convert Apple Mail to Outlook.
Apple mail vs Outlook
Apple Mail is used by Mac users which is a desktop-based email client. It is the most popular email client used for storing mailing data in .mbox format.
MS Outlook is a window based email client used to store its mail data items like emails, contacts, tasks, notes, journals, etc in .pst file format. Its latest upgrade offers many useful security features and some advanced features as well.
Now let us move ahead to know the reason for this migration.
Why Migrate Mac Mail to Outlook?
Both Windows and Mac can use MS Outlook easily without any hassle. It has the best interface included with advanced filters and security features. That’s why users want to move from Apple mail to Outlook email client.
Now let us know the manual steps for it.
Possible Manual Methods to Add Apple Mail Account to Outlook
Outlook does not support MBOX format emails in its application. MBOX format is supported by the mediators like Eudora and Outlook Express. Therefore these email clients are required to import MBOX files into PST then the resultant PST file will be imported to Outlook successfully.
Import Apple Mail Data into MBOX format
- Start the Apple Mail.
- Press the File tab>> Import mailboxes.
- In the list, choose Files in .mbox format, and press Continue.
- Browse the particular path on your Mac machine to see the MBOX file.
- Pick MBOX and hit on Continue.
- Then, Click Done.
Make MBOX file by installing Eudora application on Windows
For creating Apple mails into PST format , you need to install the Eudora application for Windows.
- First change the extension to .mbx like ABC to abc.mbx.
- Now, send the file (.mbx) to Eudora’s directory.
- To transfer the file to Eudora’s directory, navigate through this path. C:\Documents and SettingsApplication Data OualcommEudora
- Now, start the Eudora application >>choose .mbx file.
- Exit the application and file will be generated.
Import the resultant Messages to Outlook Express
- Now, start the Outlook Express.
- Press the File tab>>Import>>Messages.
- Now, choose Eudora from the list of email clients >> tap on Next.
- Search the ABC.mbx file and choose it>>press Ok.
- Go to Next >> Next>>Finish.
Move Mailbox from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook for Windows,
- Press the File tab>>Open section.
- Pick Import and Export.
- Now Import Internet Mail and Addresses option and hit Next.
- Now, opt for Outlook Express 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, or Window Mail option.
- Tick the Import-Mailbox checkbox and press Next.
The process is now completed. Now, you can use the same MS Outlook mailbox which you were utilizing in Apple Mail.
Above given are steps of manual solutions which consume more time and even are not secure. To avoid these drawbacks you can go through an expert solution i.e MBOX Converter that directly exports Apple mail MBOX to Outlook PST without any data loss. It offers bulk conversion as well. Utility exports MBOX files to various file formats i.e PDF, EML, EMLX, MSG, TXT, etc.
We have explained various manual methods to add Apple Mail Account to Outlook. Now it is up to you whether to try manual approach or an expert approach for smart conversion.
Hope article helps you out.