Copy Outlook Contacts to Excel: The Top 3 Strategies
Microsoft Outlook is a user-friendly platform for managing contacts effectively. Therefore, Exporting Outlook contacts to Excel can facilitate organization, analysis, or sharing, making it useful in certain scenarios. This blog will also elaborate on methods to export contacts from Outlook to Excel. Every method has its advantages and limitations, for fast and secure Export of Outlook contacts use the SysInfo PST Converter tool. This guide provides step-by-step instructions to smoothly copy Outlook Contact to Excel.
Methods To Export Shared Contacts From Outlook to Excel
In this section, we will discuss the various methods to copy Outlook Contacts to Excel. Each method is well elaborated and the user can implement them with ease. Some manual methods require technical Expertise and Precision while implementing the steps. Before moving further some limitations and advantages of the manual method are:
- Firstly, the Manual method can be tedious and consumes a lot of users’ time.
- Secondly, some technical expertise is required to implement the steps.
- Thirdly, Any misstep can cause a loss of data.
- And lastly, the only advantage is that it is free.
Method 1: Import contacts from Outlook to Excel (using Import/Export Feature)
By following the below steps you can easily Copy Outlook Contacts to Excel. The Steps are:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Hit the File tab in the top left corner of the Outlook window.
- From the drop-down menu, select Open & Export and then choose Import/Export.
- The Import and Export Wizard window will appear. Select Export to a file and click the Next button.
- In the next window, choose Microsoft Excel as the file type and click on the Next button.
- Now, you will see a list of Outlook folders. Select the Contacts folder and click on the Next button.
- Choose the destination where you want to save the exported Excel file by clicking on the Browse button. Provide a name for the file and select the desired location on your computer. Then, click on the Finish button.
- The contacts will be exported to the specified location as an Excel file. Navigate to the destination folder and open the file using Microsoft Excel or any compatible spreadsheet software.
- You will find your Outlook contacts copied to Excel, with each contact’s details organized in columns.
That’s it! You have successfully copied your Outlook contacts to Excel. This method allows you to conveniently manage and manipulate your contact information in a spreadsheet format.
Method 2: Export Contacts from Outlook address book to Excel (Using Copy/Paste feature)
You can effortlessly Copy Outlook contacts to Excel by following the steps outlined below:
- Begin by opening the Outlook application on your computer. Then, navigate to the bottom left corner of the screen and click on People View.
- In the Current View window, locate the List option and click on it.
- Next, choose the specific contacts you wish to duplicate. To copy them to your computer clipboard, press CTRL+C.
- Finally, launch the Excel program on your computer. Create a new workbook and paste the contacts you copied earlier. It’s a straightforward process!
All the manual methods are capable of exporting Contacts from Outlook to Excel. However, They lack the feature to Copy Bulk contacts. This issue is resolved by using the SysInfo PST Converter tool.
Method 3: Copy Outlook Contacts to Excel Spreadsheet (Recommended by IT Professionals)
The SysInfo PST Converter tool is a comprehensive solution for managing all issues related to PST files. It is a dependable software that can efficiently copy Outlook contacts to Excel, even with large files. This tool offers numerous useful features. Before we proceed to the steps, let’s discuss some of the notable features of this software in simple English.
- PST to Multiple File Format Conversion: The software allows you to convert PST files to various file formats such as EML, MSG, MBOX, etc.
- Bulk Conversion: You can convert multiple PST files simultaneously.
- Removes Duplicates: You have the option to select specific folders or items within a PST file for conversion. This gives you more control over the conversion process and helps you avoid unnecessary data duplication.
- Split PST Files: The software also provides the ability to split large-sized PST files into smaller parts. This is particularly useful when dealing with oversized PST files that may cause performance issues in Outlook.
- Advanced Filter Options: Advanced filtering options allow you to refine your conversion process. You can filter emails based on criteria such as date range, sender, recipient, subject, etc., ensuring that only the desired data is converted.
- User-Friendly Interface: The software provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate and perform the conversion process without any technical expertise.
- Demo Version is free: The software is capable of migrating 50 emails at once in the demo version.
These features make SysInfo PST Converter a comprehensive tool for converting PST files and accessing Outlook data in various formats.
Steps to export contacts from Outlook to Excel Using PST Converter tool
- Install and Run the SysInfo PST Converter tool as an administrator on your system.
- Then, Select Single file/Multiple File, click Next browse and add your file.
- All your files/folders will be loaded in a Tree-structured format. Select the files and click Next.
- Select CSV in the file format. Optionally you can select the features.
- Finally, Click Convert.
By Following these steps a user can easily copy Outlook Contacts to Excel. Also, read the blog which emphasizes how you can easily save Outlook Calendars to PDF format by performing some easiest steps.
Exporting Outlook contacts to Excel is a straightforward process that can significantly enhance your contact management capabilities. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you can seamlessly Copy Outlook Contacts to Excel. Utilize the PST Converter tool method to streamline your contact management workflow.