Summary:- Whatever, you are self-employed or working professionals, you have to keep a copy of your webmail data locally to secure it more. In this article, you will find the working steps to download emails from Hotmail accounts. It also includes the SysInfo Hotmail Backup Tool working that allows you to backup or download Hotmail emails into 15+ file formats safely and efficiently.
Why Need to Backup Hotmail Emails?
Here, we mention the different reasons that insist users save Hotmail emails:
- Due to the possibility of cyber-crime, users want to download Hotmail emails into PC.
- Incidents of hacking, virus attacks, ransomware attacks, and other issues are also reasons behind the backup of Hotmail emails.
- Chances that you delete the mailbox accidentally.
- Sometimes, users need to switch from web-based to desktop email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mailbird, eM Client, etc.
- To access the Hotmail mailbox data without establishing an internet connection.
- If you want to save a copy of the Hotmail email, it is best to create a backup in a safe place.
Hotmail is one of the first webmail services providers to manage emails, and one can access it from any web browser. It has experienced different ups and downs throughout its history but still maintains a user base numbered millions. Since 2011, Hotmail, being Microsoft’s free webmail platform, has been replaced with Outlook.com (Hotmail now known as Outlook.com). It is an information storage web app that allows users to store messages, contacts, calendars, journals, and other tasks.
However, like any other internet service, Hotmail users may also face hacking incidents. There are different incidents where chances of data loss by users. Therefore, to keep your mailbox data safe and risk-free, you can download Hotmail emails on a local drive and avoid the chances of data loss.
How to Download Emails From Hotmail Account?
Well, there is not any solution provided by Microsoft to download Hotmail emails on a PC. But, by following the below-mentioned steps, you will save Hotmail emails on the local system. This free solution to backup Hotmail emails is defined below:
- First of all, logging into your Hotmail account on a web browser.
- Now, select the email that you wish to take backup.
- Then under the message’s header area, opt for the down arrow next to the other steps.
- After that, select the option of the View message source.
- Or, Right-click on the context menu that appears on your screen and selects the View message source option.
- Here, you will find the source code of the selected message. Perform the following steps:
- In Windows:- Click Ctrl+A to select the entire text and hit the Ctrl+C button to copy the selected one.
- In Mac:- Click Ctrl+A to select the entire text and hit the Ctrl+C button to copy the selected one on the Mac OS platform.
Check to see if your browser provides you with a direct option to download the email source code in EML format:
- First, go to File>> Save As in the email message source tab.
- Assign the name you want and use the .eml extension(eg-message1.eml)B Browsers only allow .html or .htm extensions for saving purposes.
- Do Double-check the file extension to be of .eml type.
- Finally, click Continue and save the message file to the desired location on your local drive.
If your browser does not allow saving in EML file format:
- After copying the message source code, run any plain text editor such as the Notepad application.
- Now, create a new text document.
- Then click the Ctrl+V key on Windows or Command+V if you are using a Mac system. It will paste the copied content.
- After that, download the text document with the .eml extension.
Points to Remember Concerning Above Method
- Its feasibility reduces when there is a need to save the bulk of emails to the local machine.
- The above method works to save messages one at a time.
- The steps need to be repeated again and again for multiple emails.
- There is a need for technical knowledge to perform the work manually.
- If you skip the steps in the middle, there is a possibility of data loss too.
So to download emails from Hotmail account to a hard drive instantly, we will know about the professional solution that performs the tasks within a few minutes.
How to Download Mail From Hotmail?- An Expert Solution
Sysinfo Hotmail Backup Tool is a trusted utility that allows users to download email from Hotmail account in various formats like PDF, PST, EML, EMLX, DOC, DOCM, PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, etc. The best thing about this tool is that it can even migrate email attachments from Hotmail to different email clients like Gmail, Office 365, AOL, Thunderbird, etc.
The software is known for its performance and is available for both Windows and Mac OS.
Simple Steps to Download Hotmail Emails
- Start the SysInfo Hotmail Backup Tool and run it as administrator.
- Enter the Hotmail email address and third-party app password to Sign In.
- Select the folders from the tree that you want to download locally and click Next.
- Now, choose the saving option like PDF, EML, MBOX, PST from the drop-down list.
- After that, opt for different inbuilt features of the software if required.
- Here, you can also assign the resultant folder name.
- Select the Path To Save button and locate the saving location for the same.
- Click the Convert button to start the backup of Hotmail emails into PDF format.
- Moreover, use the Download Report button and save the report.
In this blog, we discussed the reason behind taking backup of Hotmail emails locally. So, to-do-so, learn the feasible method to download emails from Hotmail account into a local drive. Furthermore, we also discussed the SysInfo Hotmail backup Tool working that provides the best solution for saving Hotmail emails.