Ohh No!! Lost Hotmail Password accidentally, how to recover Hotmail password? This article focuses on the user’s query and provides solutions to the problems faced by the user. Keep reading for more understanding.
Hotmail is a free web-based email service that users from anywhere in the world can access from any internet browser. Microsoft acquired Hotmail from its founders in 1997, and in August 2012 the software giant renamed it to Outlook.com. Over the past 10 years, the digital email service has undergone many improvements. Hotmail users can now access their email accounts on their mobile devices after various upgrades, unlimited free storage, integration with their social media accounts, for example. LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
But all of a sudden, a user lost his Hotmail account password and then what to do to get it back. Let us discuss some solutions to recover the password.
How to recover Hotmail account password manually when lost?
There are many manual steps to solve “ How to recover Hotmail password” issue as follows
Steps to Reset your Hotmail account password on PC
- Initially, go to Outlook.com. Then hit on the “Can’t access your account” that is appear below the Sign-in button.
- Then a screen will open showing message be transferred to the Why are you having trouble signing in? window. After this select the “I forgot my password” option and hit Next.
- In the Microsoft account field, type your Hotmail email and write the correct characters for the Captcha verification. Hit Next.
- Choose your account reset option, either a text to your mobile number or a mail to any of your additional email addresses.
- Hit “Send code” to receive the verification code. Retrieve your code from your selected location.
- Then enter your new code in the blank field and hit on “Next” to go to the password recovery page.
- Reset Your Password page will open next, enter your new password in the “New Password” field and again retype it in the “Reenter password” field. Hit “Next” to continue.
Steps to Reset your Hotmail account password on Android/iPhone-
- Switch on your Mobile phone, and tap on the “Outlook” app icon from the menu, which is actually a white box with a blue “O” symbol on it.
- Then enter your email address from the middle portion of the main page.
- Now tap the “Forgot my password” link near the bottom line of the page.
- After this, check the “I forgot my password” option box.
- Press “Next” to proceed.
- Enter the characters for verification from Captcha and hit on the “Next” option.
- Choose your Recovery option, either as Text or Email.
- Enter the last four digits of your phone number or either your recovery mail depending upon the type of recovery option you have selected, and press “Send code” to receive a verification code.
- In the “Enter the code” enter the received code field and press “Next”. Then you will be redirected to a password reset page.
- Type your new password in the “New Password” field and again enter it in the “Reenter Password” to verify the code in the password reset page. Hit the “Next” button to proceed.
So, these are the solution to the problem “Can’t recover Hotmail account”. But while the recovery process there may be chances of loss of data from Hotmail account. So, before starting the reset process it is better to use a backup. Therefore, use a Hotmail Backup Software to backup Hotmail to the hard drive so that you can preserve your important data.
It is very easy to lose your Hotmail passwords. But to reset it you need to provide all information regarding your Microsoft account. So to solve “How to recover Hotmail password” we have mentioned all the possible steps for PCs and Android phones also. Hopefully, you will understand all the appropriate steps from this blog.