Most of the time, the user wants to add PST files in Gmail, but such a case is not possible because Gmail does not support any file format. That’s why users are preferring to export Gmail to PST files. Therefore, in this guide, we are going to discuss how to backup Gmail to PST file in numerous ways. Along with this, we will also talk about an automated solution, http://iowacomicbookclub.com/uncategorized/comic-book-i-con-iowa-league-of-heroes-on-great-day-iowa Sysinfo buy Lyrical dance costumes online Gmail Backup Tool for your better understanding.
Gmail is a free and fast email client, used by a large community of people in today’s generation. It is the platform where emails are saved and secured. On the other hand, the PST File format is supported by Microsoft Outlook, which stores contacts, emails, calendars, events, tasks, etc. Microsoft Outlook application is also a webmail client. This application helps users to store the data of contacts and calendars.
How Can We Export Gmail to PST File Format?
Within this blog post, we are going to describe various methods to backup Gmail emails to PST file format. Additionally, we will also introduce the third-party utility for an easy migration process.
- Export Mail from Gmail to PST with the help of the Internal Feature of Google.
- How to create PST file in Gmail with MS Outlook
- By using Google Takeout
- Export Gmail to PST without Outlook
As discussed above, we will go with one-by-one solutions in detail for your better understanding.
Method 1: Export Gmail Emails To PST by Using An Internal Feature of Google
The in-built feature of Google permits users to migrate their emails to MBOX file format. It has a vast feature to convert whole data into a single database file. Just follow the steps to proceed further.
1. First, log in to your Google Account with your ID and password.
2. After that, click on the Manage your Google Account option.
3. From the left side of the menu bar, Click on the Data & Privacy option and scroll down.
4. Moving ahead, from the Data from apps and services you use, click on the Download your data option.
5. Go to the next page and click on the “Mail” option from the vast list of options provided
6. Click on the Next button. Make sure to choose the file type, destination, and frequency. Choose the Create Export option.
7. In the end, Google will migrate your emails further.
Here, you have seen that we have successfully completed our manual method of how to backup Gmail to PST file. Furthermore, we will include other techniques also.
Method 2: Backup Gmail Emails to PST files With the Help of Outlook
This method requires downloading or installing MS Outlook on your local system. For your better understanding, we are providing you with some steps. Just follow the procedure.
1. Install the Microsoft Outlook application on your PC or laptop.
2. Sync your Gmail account by typing your credentials in MS Outlook.
3. After successful synchronization, navigate to File Menu > Open & Export.
4. Pick Import/Export Option.
5. Moving further, choose the Export to a file option and click on the Next button.
6. Now, select Outlook Data File (.pst) > Next button.
7. Choose the specific account and click on the Next button.
8. Set the Destination path and click on the Finish button.
Therefore, we have successfully finished another method to export mail from Gmail to PST file format. Moving ahead, we will also discuss other procedures.
Method 3: Export Mail From Gmail to PST By Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout is an internal feature of Gmail that help users to migrate emails on their local system or local hard drive in MBOX file format. In this section, we will see steps on how to create PST files in Gmail with the help of Google Takeout.
1. Go to the browser and sign in to your Gmail account by using your ID and password on your local system.
3. Deselect All the options and make sure to tick mark the left option that you want to migrate.
4. Click on the next step button.
5. Select the file type, frequency, and destination as per your requirement.
6. Lastly, click on the Create Export button.
After the completion of the process, you will be notified by Google Takeout through their email. In that email, it will clearly contain the download link. You are requested to open and download the emails on your hard drive. Moreover, every manual way has some limitations. So, we will discuss some demerits further.
Demerits of the Manual Method
Here, we are going to check some challenges that the users face.
- This technique can cause damage to email attachments or data loss.
- Time-consuming and lengthy process.
- Through the manual procedure, you are not able to export Gmail to PST files in bulk.
- If the size of the file is oversized, the manual method does not work.
If you don’t want to face any difficulties while performing the manual method to transfer Gmail emails to Outlook PST file formats. To overcome all the limitations mentioned above, we are going to discuss an automated solution which is a third-party utility, Sysinfo Gmail Backup Tool.
Method 4: Automated Solution to Export Gmail to PST File Formats
Sysinfo Gmail Backup Tool is highly suggested by IT professionals as well as experts. Every non-technical and technical user can straightforwardly opt for this software to export Gmail to PST without Outlook. It means there is no need for the installation of Microsoft Outlook. Users are allowed to save, backup, and download their emails from their respective Gmail accounts into their local hard drives or their local system. Now, let’s learn the working of the software for your better understanding.
Steps to Export Gmail to PST
1. First, Download and run the software on your local system.
2. Sign in with the third-party credentials and authenticate the login process.
3. Choose the files from the folders and subfolders hierarchy that you want to back up and then click on the Next button.
4. After that, choose the saving format as PST.
5. In the end, click on the Convert button.
Here, we are just summing up our guide. However, you have seen how can we export Gmail to PST file format. In the above sections, various solutions are provided to help you to backup Gmail emails to PST. It is your choice to utilize any discussed method in which you feel comfortable. Many users also want a solution to export Gmail emails to PDF. They can also read this article.