Microsoft Outlook is used to store private information such as Emails, Calendars, Task, Contact, Notes, Web, and Journals. The Number of Outlook.com users till 2018 is 400 million worldwide. The numbers are increasing day by day. 75 million users using the Microsoft team actively.
If your IMAP Outlook 2016 account is full and there is no space for further storage then you must be looking for the methods to archive IMAP email Outlook 2016. Now, you can create free space in your IMAP mailbox without permanently deleting data.
This article will help you to create space in your IMAP email client. Let’s start with the various strategies to archive IMAP emails.
How to Archive IMAP Messages in Outlook 2016?
Use Import/Export option to archive IMAP email Outlook 2016. Follow the below-described steps to understand the procedure.
- First of all, http://antihousewife.com/page/20/ launch the Outlook 2016 and where to buy isotretinoin philippines move to the File tab.
- Then, choose the Open & Export option and click on the Import/Export.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Import and Export Wizard. Then, Select Export to a file and click Next button.
- Next, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button.
- Here, choose the IMAP folder you have to backup and tap Next.
- Finally, select the desired location where you need to store this file and hit Finish.
Note: This method can backup only one mailbox at a time.
Note: You can also archive IMAP Emails to Outlook 2013 with the help of this method.
Archive IMAP Emails to Outlook 2010/2007
Create the Archive Data-File in Outlook
To have a local folder location/data file in Outlook for archiving email messages – you should follow the below steps.
- Firstly, move to the File menu (tools menu in Outlook 2007):
- Then, open the Account settings menu.
- Next, select the Data Files option available in the account settings.
- Choose Add option to create a new data file (.pst file):
- Type the file-name for the data-file and choose location if required and click on the button.
- Now, your new folder location has been added in the folders pane in Outlook.
- Next, Right-click on the folder heading to add sub-folders to copy your mail items.
Archive Messages to Outlook
Your archive location has been created, now copy messages from IMAP mailbox. When you store messages to Outlook, then it will be removed from the IMAP mailbox.
Now, use the auto-archiving facility in Outlook by selecting the File menu and the Menu for Cleanup Tools, then choose Archive.
Choose the folder that you have to archive – you can set a date range to archive messages and choose the data-file location. Click Ok to automatically archive messages for the chosen folder/date-range.
Limitations of IMAP Emails
- It is mandatory to have internet connection otherwise you cannot access the mailbox data.
- Large mailbox will cost more for storage.
- To access the folder it will take more time as compared to POP3.
Prestigious Method to Archive IMAP Emails
Above methods have many limitations, to overcome the drawback of the above methods, use IMAP Email Backup Tool. This software can backup IMAP emails to computer, Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Thunderbird, Live Exchange, AOL.
Software can convert bulk of files in a single click. This tool has better security and simple GUI, that’s why novice users do not find difficulty in migrating.
Prominent Features of the Tool
- Maintains data integrity and folder hierarchy until the end of process.
- Data filter option is available to select the data according to the data range.
- Software is compatible with almost every version of Windows.
- Download data along with its attachment on-premise system.
Now, you have acknowledged the solution to archive IMAP Emails on-premise system. We have given brief descriptions of Outlook and various solutions. You can try to backup IMAP email locally by using the first method, but it has some limitations. Therefore, we would like to recommend you to use IMAP Email Backup software. It provides better security and an easy interface to archive IMAP mailbox.
Please ask your further queries and give your valuable feedback too.