MAP emails in no timeHave you, by mistake, deleted some of your important emails permanently from the server due to the IMAP sync. Do not worry, you are not alone. This issue is faced by several users that lose their emails permanently. In this blog, we will cater to the issue of IMAP sync deleted messages from server and answer all your questions, like does IMAP sync deleted messages from server, can Outlook remove emails from server IMAP, etc.
IMAP is one of the oldest servers that allows users to send and receive emails securely. It stores the emails on the cloud that pose a threat to the security of the mailboxes. However, over time it has proved its worth and made its mark in the market. The IMAP sync is of great use until and unless you delete some emails from the server. It allows you to keep your emails updated on the server even if you use multiple devices anywhere around the world. All the changes can be viewed just by logging into your IMAP account.
MS Outlook by Outlook is one such email client that makes use of the IMAP server for email transmission. You can take the help of Outlook to recover deleted emails from IMAP server. We will tell you how in this blog further. There are various ways through which you can save yourself from IMAP sync deleted messages from server. One such easy and most used approach is through your mailbox backup. Although, there are various other reasons to back up your emails that are listed below.
Reasons to Backup Emails from the Server
The IMAP emails require backing up to the PC due to several reasons. The users should save the IMAP emails, otherwise, they can face severe repercussions. Although, different users have different reasons to back up their emails.
- It helps you to recover and restore your emails once you have lost them due to any underlying reason.
- Virus and malware intrusions on the cloud can take away all your email data in an instant. There is no way to bring those emails back until and unless you have backed them before somewhere.
- Cloud works only if you have a working internet connection. It needs a stable internet to open and view your mailbox data. However, in a situation where you need to view your emails and you do not have internet, the backup saves the day.
- The backup of your emails on your PC allows you to share your data and the emails easily. Perhaps, the cloud does not allow you to do so. There is a very lengthy process for transferring from the cloud.
All the reasons mentioned above make it essential for the users to deal with the IMAP sync deleted messages from server issues. The below manual methods will help you to do the same.
Things to do if Deleted Emails from IMAP Server?
The deleted emails can be recovered in different ways. Moreover, if you prevent them from getting deleted permanently, then your problem will be easily resolved. You can export those emails using the inbuilt feature of the email client MS Outlook. Let us follow the complete process precisely.
Turn Off the Permanent Delete Option
If you delete any emails synced to the cloud from the Outlook application, it does not go to the Trash or Bin folder and directly gets deleted. Hence, there is an option that can save this from happening and prevent IMAP sync deleted messages from server issues.
- Run the application and Sign In to your account.
- Click on the File option in the menu tab.
- Now, click the Account Settings option, and under that, pick Account Settings.
- The Account Settings tab will appear. Select the Change option under the Email tab.
- Now, in the new tab, choose More Settings.
- After that, from the Advanced options, uncheck Mark items for deletion but do not move them automatically.
- Then, hit OK to save the changes made.
As you complete all the above steps to change the settings, your emails will now not get directly removed from the server. Rather they will be moved to the Bin folder.
Save/Export Deleted Emails
Follow the below steps to save or export your IMAP emails to prevent them from IMAP sync deleted messages from server issues.
- Press the File tab from the options in the menu bar.
- Then, click on the Open & Export option and pick Import/Export.
- After that, select the Export to a file option and click on Next.
- Now, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit Next to proceed.
- Pick the Trash folder in the new tab and again click on Next.
- Click on Browse to choose the path of the file on the PC.
- At last, press the Finish button to initiate the migration procedure.
The above manual method will help you to resolve the IMAP sync deleted messages from server issue. But, it is a very complex method, and all users cannot perform it. It requires some prior technical knowledge and is not apt for novice users. Additionally, it can only be executed in Outlook if the permanent email deletion settings are disabled.
To overcome all these limitations, you can go for an alternate solution, i.e., SysInfo IMAP Backup Tool. It is a safe and secure utility to backup mailboxes and saves IMAP emails without any hassle. It can store your IMAP emails to your PC in multiple file formats like MBOX, DOCX, EMLX, JSON, EML, etc. Furthermore, it can assist you to migrate IMAP email to other email clients like Thunderbird, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Zoho Mail, etc. Recover Deleted Emails From IMAP Server
Here, we have provided the solution to IMAP sync deleted messages from server problems. The IMAP cloud is prone to various issues and can lead to losing all the important mail information. The manual method mentioned to tackle the syncing issue is capable but full of complexities. Hence, you can directly go for the professional tool method that can backup your IMAP mails.