Trying to find out the solutions to import OST file into Gmail? If yes, this post is for you. Here, we will offer the topmost methods to move Outlook OST files into Gmail account. So, read this post carefully by keeping your eyes open till the end.
MS Outlook is the most commonly used reliable email client for sending and receiving emails that use two famous file formats i.e OST and PST. Outlook Offline Outlook Data File or OST is used to store and settle a copy of your mailbox information on your device. It uses some account forms such as IMAP, Office 365, and Exchange to save mailbox copy. You can still use Outlook when operating offline, but you will not be able to carry out any emails.
If the server connection is restored, all modifications in your OST file will be transmitted to the server (during network falling time). In short, the data on the OST file and the server will look similar again.
Why do we prefer to import OST to Gmail account?
In other words, the.ost file ensures Exchange server data is available offline. OST files are also exposed to corruption as with other data files. Because of the security issues in OST files, large numbers of users keep to back up OST data to Google account.
Gmail is a web-based email service, users are granted the right to manage the account from any place across the globe, regardless of which network they operate on. It is, however, hard to open an OST file on any device other than the one on which it was installed. Additionally, accessing OST files requires proper Exchange server connectivity. For these purposes, users import their OST files into Google Mail accounts.
How to Import OST file into Gmail using Manual Methods?
There is no direct method to import OST to Gmail, but it is possible in an indirect way. First the OST file will be converted into PST then the resultant PST file then be imported into Gmail.
Find your OST Files from the System
- First, you need to open Outlook and visit the File menu >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Now, press on the Data Files tab, and choose any OST file, and press on Open File Location button.
Notice: OST files can usually be found here regardless of the Outlook version.
Notice: It should be remembered that the AppData folder can be hidden; thus, the user must first unhide it. For this, hit on View tab > Options in C:\Users\user. Then navigate to the View tab, extend Hidden files and folders, then pick Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Export the OST files into PST file Format
- In MS Outlook, first, press the File tab >> Open & Export Import/Export. Import and Export Wizard will appear in the next window.
- Now, select the Export to a file option from here and press Next.
- A new window Export to a File dialog appears, choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and tap on Next.
- Now press on the email account you need and pick the item you would like to export as a PST file, and press Next.
- Hit the Browse button to save the resultant PST file on the desired location and press Finish.
This will export the OST files into PST completely.
Import PST to Gmail Via GSMMO Tool-
G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GSMMO) allows the user to import the PST file into the user’s Gmail account. The method is set out below:
- Check for Microsoft Outlook for G Suite Migration in any browser, and download the program.
- Start the application by browsing.
- You need to provide the login credentials, then press Continue.
- Now, a default browser’s sign-in tab will be open.
- Next GSMMO needs to access your Google account notification will appear. Scroll down, and then press Allow.
- If all goes well then you will see a confirmation message.
- A new box will pop up. Now, go to the drop-down list and choose From the PST file(s) option. Press Next.
- You’ll be taken to the location where all PST files from the outlook are saved. In Step 1, if you have saved your migrated PST file to another folder, then paste the file path of that folder into the Address bar.
- Now, press Next.
- Mark the migrations settings according to your need and hit on migrate.
- Now, the migration process will start. It takes sometimes depending on your file size.
- Now, open your Gmail account and check the imported PST files on the left side.
To avoid this lengthy method, there is another best method to import OST files into PST quickly. You can opt for OST to PST Converter to directly migrate all your OST files into PST, MSG, DBX, EML, MBOX & Archive file formats. Later, these converted OST files will be imported to Gmail using the above GSMMO method without any hassle.
Outlook OST files have so many problems due to which users are migrating to other email clients. So, for this, many solutions have been discussed to import OST file into Gmail. Go through the blog and find the best outputs.