If you are users who are looking for the best possible solution to export Outlook contacts to CSV format? Then stay connected with this article. Here, you will find the complete working procedure for exporting Outlook contacts to CSV files.
Microsoft Outlook is a secure and reliable business email solution for users and organizations. With enhanced built-in features, one can use this for the personal information manager. It is not just an inbox- it is more than that, such as used for calendaring, email migration, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing. It is full of features to provide users access to contacts. But, in case If a user wants to do that in CSV format, then they have to export outlook contacts to CSV.
Reasons Behind the Backup of Outlook Contacts to CSV
- Save the contact details from unnecessary threats.
- To backup Outlook contacts in the local system.
- Accessing the contacts of Outlook locally.
- Protect the Outlook contacts from hackers or viruses.
- For importing Outlook contacts to icloud and other email client.
- Avoid the accidental deletion of Outlook contacts.
These are the different reasons to export Outlook contacts to CSV and save them locally in the local system to access it in offline mode. Are questions like How to export Outlook contacts to CSV files? Now, let’s check out the step-by-step guide to export or backup Outlook contacts to CSV.
Step-By-Step Method to Export Outlook contacts to CSV
When exporting Outlook contacts to CSV files or just making a routine backup of the contacts, Outlook makes it easy. Using this method, you will be able to export your entire Outlook contacts to a CSV file or another file type. Moreover, you can use this CSV file to import these contacts to another email account.
Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully to begin the export Outlook contacts to CSV:
- Launch the Desktop version of Outlook in your local system
- Here, in the opening dashboard, click on the File option present at the top left corner.
- In the Account Information Wizard, select Open & Export from the left side panel.
- Then select the Import/Export and click on it.
- After that, in the opening wizard of Import/Export, choose the Export to file option from the list and hit the Next button.
- In the Export to file page, select Comma Separated Values and click Next.
- Then Select Contacts (This computer only) from the system and tap on the Next button.
- Now, in the save exported file as a section, Enter the name of the file. Additionally, press the Browse button to select the destination path for the backup folder.
- After that, hit the Next button to move on to another step.
- Finally, in the next wizard, click on the Finish button to start the backup Outlook contacts into a CSV file.
The file will now save to your documents folder for easy import into any email service that accepts CSV files and access it locally.
Outlook on Web
You can export your contacts from Outlook and then import them into other email client applications such as Gmail, Yahoo, or another version of Outlook.
- Open the web version of Outlook and Sign In with the essential details
- Now, select the user Id icon present at the top right corner and move to the people page.
- Here, click on the Manage and select the export Contacts from the drop-down menu.
- In the opening wizard, select to export all contacts or only contacts from a particular folder, and then choose Export.
- Now, at the bottom of the page, choose Save to save “contacts.csv” in your default Downloads folder.
- Moreover, you can also select the arrow Next to save and hit the Save As.
After performing all of the above steps, your Outlook contact is exported into a CSV file and used as per your requirements.
Well, the blog is focused on solving the query export Outlook contacts to CSV. Here, I have explained the various reasons that may lead to backup the Outlook contacts in CSV format. But after going through the blog, you can easily save or download Outlook contacts into CSV using the step-by-step method for both desktop and web versions.