Being an IT professional, it seems impossible that you have not used Outlook. While using MS Outlook, you might have encountered issues like Microsoft Outlook keeps freezing, or Outlook crashes when opening OST and PST files. This blog will therefore explain why Outlook crashes. Reasons why Outlook PST cannot be opened. What actions can you take to address this problem? How Sysinfo PST File Recovery can be a single solution for all Outlook issues. Let us enhance our topic in detail. First, start to find the reasons why Outlook crashes often.
Reasons for Outlook Crashes When Opening
Outlook crashes can occur for a number of reasons. Among these, a few are listed below.
- The Outlook application may not update.
- You might have changed the Outlook settings.
- Internet connections are not properly established.
- The Outlook may interfere with any outside image or attachment.
- Add-ins interfering with Outlook.
- The outlook may be affected by antivirus software or third-party applications.
- The outlook data file may be corrupted.
These are some reasons that users may face while Outlook opens and closes immediately.
Now, in the following section, we will learn some manual techniques to resolve these Outlook issues.
Fix Microsoft Outlook Keeps Freezing Issues Manually
We have several solutions for these Outlook problems, which we will go over one by one.
Method 1: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode and Disable Antivirus.
The Outlook Crashes error can occur occasionally because of antivirus interference.
After turning off your antivirus software, open Outlook in safe mode. To run Outlook in safe mode, follow the steps as instructed.
1. Open the dialog box by pressing Win + R.
2. Type Outlook.exe/safe
3. Finally, hit the OK tab to run Outlook in safe mode.
Method 2: Turn Off Third-Party Add-ins.
You can turn off the third-party Add-in’s incompatibility to fix the Outlook not responding Windows10 issue. To disable the third-party add-ins follow the steps as instructed.
1. Start the MS Outlook Program.
2. Go to the File tab > Options.
3. Select Add-ins > Go.
4. Choose the Add-ins that you wish to disable.
Method 3: Check Mailbox size
You may encounter the issue of Microsoft Outlook keeps freezing frequently. When the size of your mailbox increases, Outlook takes up more space and becomes difficult to open. In this circumstance, you can create a new folder and move several items into that folder. You can make a new folder to fix the problem of Outlook PST Cannot Be Opened by following these steps.
Steps to create the new folder
1. Open the mailbox in the Outlook application.
2. Right-click on any mail folder of the selected account to create a new folder.
3. After making a new folder, assign a name to it.
4. Drag and drop the extra mail into that newly created folder.
Method 4: Disable Re-direction of the AppData Directory to Troubleshoot Outlook Opens And Closes Immediately
In the AppData directory, Outlook stores specific data such as email signatures and Spelling Checkers. If the network is slow, Outlook will have to wait for reading and write operations to the AppData directory to complete.
Steps to Disable Redirection of the AppData Directory
1. Exit Outlook and start the Registry Editor.
2. Open the dialog box and type regedit.exe and then OK.
3. In the Registry Editor, select the subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
4. Locate and then double-click on the AppData Value.
5. In the Edit String box,
Value Name: AppData
Value Data: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming
6. Finally, exit the Registry Editor.
As we mentioned, one of the prominent reasons for this Outlook error message is corrupted Outlook data files. You can repair the data file using the inbuilt SCANPST.exe.
However, it is only appropriate for minor corruption. So, if your file is severely corrupted, we suggest you take the help of an automated tool that can troubleshoot any level of Outlook data file corruption.
Fix Microsoft Outlook keeps freezing with Automated Tool
The Sysinfo PST File Recovery is a single solution that can help you troubleshoot most kinds of Outlook errors. It can effectively recover data from any corrupted PST file. Additionally, it can also recover your emails, contacts, tasks, and journals from damaged PST files. In addition, it can save your recovered PST file into several file formats, including PDF, PST, MBOX, HTML, EML, and others.
Besides, you can also import your recovered PST files into Gmail, Office 365, Outlook, Hotmail, etc. You can use this utility by following the steps.
Steps to Fix Outlook Not Responding Windows 10
1. Download and install the PST File Recovery Tool and run it as an administrator.
2. Add the PST files.
3. Choose Recovery Mode as per the file corruption level.
4. Then the tool starts scanning your added PST files.
5. Next, select the folder that you wish to download and click on the Save button.
6. Choose the saving option as PST.
7. Finally, the saving process is complete.
Wind-up the Words
This article discusses various Outlook problems, including why Microsoft Outlook keeps freezing. What factors lead to problems with Outlook crashes. How to fix the Outlook issues manually and with an automated PST File Recovery tool. Although a manual approach is available, it needs technical expertise. Whereas, the professional tool not only fixes your Outlook issues but also repairs your corrupted PST files. Furthermore, you can read another blog to fix Outlook Cannot Connect to Server errors.
Q1. How to fix Microsoft Outlook has stopped working on Windows 10?
A1. You can troubleshoot this Outlook problem with the PST file recovery tool.
- Download and install the software.
- Add the PST file, whether it is healthy or damaged.
- Select the recovery mode.
- Now the tool starts scanning your PST files.
- Now, select the file format as PST.
By following these steps, you will be successful in fixing that Microsoft Outlook has stopped working on Windows 10 issue.
Q2. How do you manually fix the problem of Microsoft Outlook keeps freezing?
A2. You can manually fix the issue of Outlook keeps creasing issue by:
- Creating a New Outlook Profile.
- Repair Corrupted OST File.
- Disable faulty add-ins.
- Run Outlook in safe mode.