If you are also juggling to migrate from G Suite to Office 365. Then this write-up can help you in this migration. This article explains Office 365, why users want to switch from a G Suite account to Office 365, and a few methods for this migration. Alternatively, you can also take the help of rigorously Sysinfo Google Workspace Backup Tool for migrating G Suite to Microsoft Office 365.
As the pace of digitalization increases, the demand to get more and better facilities under one Suite also peaks. Because now the time has come when you can not keep a single email client for both personal and professional levels, it is very difficult to separate personal and professional emails. Microsoft understands this fact and converts this problem into an opportunity by creating a workspace known as Microsoft 365.
Office 365 is a basket of subscription applications that are more effective, efficient, and reliable in terms of compliance, security, and performance. It offers a collection of useful applications under a single subscription, like Skype, OneDrive, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Additionally, it offers a large mailbox to store your precious information. Moreover, its In-built data security, flexible working, offline working, and many other features make it unique in the market.
order gabapentin online overnight Migrate from G Suite to Office 365 Using New Exchange Admin Centre
The new EAC makes the task of migrating from Google Workspace to Office 365 easier. For this task, make sure you must be technically skilled and must possess complete knowledge of EAC. During this migration, a user needs to pass through so many stages and steps.
You have to implement the Google Workspace Migration prerequisites in Exchange Online before initiating the migration task. As this is one of the more complex migrations, we divide the task of migration into five stages. Perform the stages systematically to migrate from G Suite to Office 365 step by step.
Stage 1: Select Migration Type
- Sign in to the new EAC and go to migration to select the Add migration batch option.
- Add migration batch page appears.
- Provide a unique name for this migration batch.
- Select Migration to Exchange Online from the Mailbox Migration Path dropdown list.
- Tap Next to enter and select the Migration Page.
- Following, choose Google Workspace (Gmail) Migration under Select the Migration type.
Note: This option migrates the content of Google Workspace Organization mailboxes to Exchange Online.
Stage 2: Prerequisites for Google Workspace Migration to Transfer G Suite Email to Office 365
- Expand the section of Automate the configuration of your Google Workspace for Migration.
- Hit Start and initiate Automate the 4 required Prerequisites steps.
- Now, log in with your Google Account and enable all the APIs from the Google Sign-in Page.
- After validating all the APIs, a JSON file is created and downloaded to your machine. Secondly, you’ll also get the link to add the ClientID and the scope.
- Choose the API access link. It will redirect you to the Google Admin API Controls Page.
- Moving ahead, tap Add New.
- Paste the Client ID and Scope from the EAC and select Authorize.
- After finishing the required four prerequisites, hit Next to start the New Migration Endpoint.
Stage 3: Select or Create a New Migration Point to Perform G Suite Migration
This Set a Migration Endpoint page offers you two options: either select or create a new migration endpoint. If you are a first-time user, then choose, Create a new migration endpoint option and tap Next.
Note: A migration endpoint is a setting that is used to establish a connection between Gmail and Office 365. That will help you successfully migrate Google workspace to Office 365. Moreover, you can also complete this process by using IMAP to Office 365 Migration in the new EAC in Exchange Online.
- Enter the following details for the general information to set a new migration endpoint.
- Migration Endpoint Name: Enter a unique name for the migration endpoint.
- Maximum Concurrent Migration: Change the value as per requirement, else leave 20.
- Maximum Concurrent Incremental Syncs: Manage the value as per needs, otherwise leave it as 10.
- Enter the email address to access your Google Workspace tenant.
- Import the JSON File and tap Next.
- After successfully creating the endpoint, it will be listed in the Select Migration Endpoint dropdown list.
Stage 4: Schedule the Batch Migration to Migrate from G Suite to Office 365
- Select the endpoint under the Select Migration Endpoint dropdown list.
- Migrate the CSV file to the Add User Mailbox Page. Make sure your CSV file has a set of names of the users that you want to migrate. It should also contain the list of primary email addresses for an existing Office 365 mailbox. You can also add a username, in case it is different from the email address.
- Tap Next and then the Move Configuration Page appears.
- Select the target delivery domain (the subdomain) under the target delivery domain that was created as a part of fulfilling the Google Workspace migration prerequisites in Exchange Online.
- Choose the Migration Filtering Options that refine the process of migrating from G Suite to Office 365.
- Verify all the details on the scheduled batch migration page and tap the Save button.
- Lastly, click Done to start synchronizing the migration batch.
Stage 5: Completion of the Migration Batch in the New Exchange Admin Centre
- When the migration batch status changes from Syncing to Synced, the batch migration has been completed
- Select the Migration group and go to the details panel.
- Finally, tap Finish the Batch and hit the Save button.
Finally, the batch status will change to completion. It assures you that messages from the Google Workspace mailbox will be sent to the Office 365 mailbox address.
By following these steps in a systematic order, you can easily perform G Suite migration. But we have seen that this method is quite tricky and needs a high level of technical expertise, and still you are not properly assured that this method will still be successful in exporting G Suite emails to Office 365.
In this case, we suggest you opt for a technical approach that can ease your task of migration and can also be used without technical expertise.
Migrate from G Suite to Office 365 with an Easy Approach.
The Sysinfo Google Workspace Backup Tool is one of the finest and most comprehensive utilities that can back up your G Suite data locally and Office 365, along with several file formats and email clients. Other than that, it can also save your Google Drive, contacts, calendars, and Gmail messages to your machine. The best part of this utility is that it does not need as many steps for its execution and you do not need to be highly technically skilled to run this utility.
G Suite to Office 365 Migration Step by Step
To migrate your G Suite data to Office 365 using the utility, follow the steps.
- Download and install the Google Workspace Backup Tool.
- Enter the user name and service account ID.
- Add the p12 file and hit Sign in with Google.
- After logging in with the G Suite account, select the user mailbox that you want to migrate to.
- Now choose the G Suite items that you want to migrate.
- Select the file format as Office 365 and manage the utility’s features as per need.
- Following, select the destination path and hit the Download button.
Finally, your G Suite data is imported into Office 365.
In this write-up, we have learned methods to migrate from G Suite to Office 365. Although we have also performed manual migration, we have seen that it is not suitable for every person. Although sometimes, highly technical experts were not sure about the perfect migration. You also need to spend so much time migrating G Suite data to Office 365. In this case, we suggest you check to opt for a professional tool that can ease your migration and not only that also save your data into a selected file format. Further, you can check another blog to download all Emails from Gmail account.