Have you ever been into a situation where you need Change default email from Lotus Notes to Outlook? Excessive use of emails has made email clients so popular among computer users. Today emails are used in almost every sector as a communication medium. As compared to other types of communication mediums, email is quick, most economical and reliable way for communication. Sometimes email migration becomes a necessity for users in order to migrate from one email client to another, be it a personal reason, an official one or anything like that. Let’s consider a scenario here.
Think you have recently switched your organization. You were using IBM Notes (formerly known as Lotus Notes) previously, but now you need to use a different email client which is Microsoft Outlook. Both these email clients support different file formats for storing mailbox data, i.e. Lotus Notes uses NSF format while Outlook uses PST format. You have crucial emails and other mailbox data in your NSF database file which you want to access in Outlook. Is it possible? No, certainly not! The reason is pretty simple here, Outlook doesn’t support NSF file format. But now the question is how to migrate NSF database to Outlook.
Luckily there’s a manual procedure which can help you exporting the mailbox content from NSF database to Outlook PST file. The manual procedure is divided into two parts.
Important note: Before you can use this manual trick, don’t forget to back up your NSF database files. Neither IBM Notes nor Outlook provides you any application for migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook. There’s no surety of the manual trick for being successful in migration, however professional users suggest this trick before you can switch to a third-party paid tool.
Change default email from Lotus Notes to Outlook Manually
In the first part, you need to export the Lotus Notes email files. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Launch IBM Notes application on your system. IBM Notes was formerly known as Lotus Notes.
- Now click the Mail
- From the menu bar, go to the File
- Then click Export option to start the Export wizard.
Note: You will get several options to choose the format for the exported file from Lotus Notes.
- Choose Tabular Text or Structured Text. Both these formats are supported by Outlook.
- Now click Continue to go through the export process.
- Click Export to end the wizard and export the mail file.
Now comes the second part in which you need to import the data into Outlook which were exported earlier. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook application on your system.
- Go to the File menu, click Open > Import.
- The Import and Export Wizard will pop up. Select Import from another program or file in the options. Click Next.
- Now select Comma Separated Values (Windows) in the options. Click Next.
- Browse the file in your system and select it. Also, select the options given there. Click Next.
- Now select the destination folder where you want to import the CSV file. Click Next.
- The process will be started and it will be completed within a few seconds. Click Finish.
If the manual trick is found less-effective or time-consuming, then you can switch to an alternative solution which is a professional NSF to PST Converter tool. It is provided by SysInfoTools Software, a leading software provider in the field of data recovery and mail management. The software is highly capable to Change default email from Lotus Notes to Outlook within a few mouse clicks. Via this NSF to PST Conversion tool, users can export their entire mailbox content of NSF database which includes emails messages, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks, To-do lists, attachments, etc. Demo version of this tool is available for free evaluation that allows users to save first 25 email items of mailbox folders of each selected NSF database. You can place your order for the licensed version in order to avail fully-featured tool.