While using Microsoft Outlook versions like 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016, if your Outlook Data File (also known as PST file) stops responding or the page is not opening properly, then it may be the data corruption or damage issue. Sometimes Outlook data file cannot be found on the system. Undoubtedly, the PST file corruption problem can occur anytime due to many reasons. Further, a third-party utility that is Sysinfo PST File Recovery Tool also used to resolve this error. But before knowing about it, let’s take a brief look at the Microsoft Outlook PST file:
What is PST File?
A Microsoft data file (or PST file) incorporates a calendar, email messages, tasks, and other relevant Outlook items that are already saved on your computer after getting downloaded from the mail server. Microsoft Outlook products that are stored on your computer system, are preserved in Outlook PST files.
It can also be utilized for collecting items from any email account type. Since the size of saved files is not decided on a mail server. So after transferring the items to an Outlook Data File (PST) on your computer, you can easily free the storage space in the mailbox of your mail server.
General Errors that Display During PST files corruption:
The errors that appear while using Microsoft Outlook, particularly indicate the actual issues with the PST files. Some of the common errors are as follows:
- Errors have been detected in the file [PST file path here].
- The file [PST file path here] is not an Outlook data file (PST).
- Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook
- Cannot open the Outlook window
To remove these errors from your saved Outlook PST files, just use the Inbox Repair Tool for instant resolutions!!
Common Reasons For Outlook Data File Cannot be Found Error
PST Data file corruption problems mostly occur due to Hardware and Software issues that are mentioned below:
- Software issues:
- Usage of Wrong File System Recovery location details that results in partial or permanent data loss or disaster.
- Infected with Suspicious Viruses or other harmful software.
- Imperfect or incomplete outlook programs that lead to PST data file corruption.
- Hardware Issues:
- Damaged Networking Devices: While accessing PST files from any client computer using network links, if your network cards, routers, cables, and hubs are not working correctly, then the PST files can easily get corrupted.
- Failure of Data Storage Devices: This issue can happen due to bad sectors on your hard disk that can corrupt your saved original files.
- Power Failure Issues: If the power supply gets stopped during accessing the PST files, then it can also be a vital reason for PST file damage.
How to Resolve Outlook Data File Cannot be Found Issue?
If you suspect any PST file is damaged or corrupted, then you can easily repair Outlook PST files using the Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE) to analyze and repair the auto-generated errors in saved data files. The mentioned tool is installed with Microsoft Outlook (97 to 2016 version) to diagnose corrupt PST files and restore them after repair. Although, it contains some limitations due to which they get failed to repair PST files properly.
Limitations of using Inbox Repair Tool:
- In the manual method, the chances of partial or complete data loss increase.
- To deploy manual action, the user must have to be technically sound.
- The manual method only repairs the header part of the PST files.
- Contacts and Default Folders of Outlook can not be recovered completely
- Can not handle run-time errors
- Unable to repair large or heavy PST files
- Time taking and very risky process
PST file corruption can occur at any time, so it’s our responsibility to save the data as a backup at regular intervals of time to maintain its integrity and continue the workflow. As mentioned above the drawbacks of manual actions, it’s better to go for a third-party solution i.e. Sysinfo PST File Recovery Tool. In order to solve this error “Outlook data file cannot be found” you must try this professional tool.
Key Features of Sysinfo PST File Recovery Tool:
- Stores recovered data into PST, MSG, DBX, or EML file formats
- Operate in 3 Modes: Standard, advanced and Deep mode
- Break encryption of Outlook file and restore data
- No PST file size limitations (up to 80 GB).
- Restores Unicode characters easily.
- Simple to manage Header Alignment errors
- Easy to recover snapshots and other text of PST files
- Compatible with MS Outlook 97, 2000, 02, 03, 07,10 and 2013
Here we have discussed two ways, manual and automated to resolve the Outlook data file cannot be found error. Both the methods are quite good but we suggest the automated solution because it is easy as compared to the manual method. We hope that this article will assist you to choose the best method to repair corrupted PST files in Outlook.