http://scanmaster-irt.com/products/pipe- Summary: If you are an Outlook user, you might want to recover corrupt OST file. In the following blog, we will discuss what are the best possible ways to repair corrupted Outlook data files. Along with that, we suggest the best and most effective solution for that. Also, a third-party utility named buy you a drank lyrics Sysinfo OST Recovery tool will be used. So, read the article till the end.
Outlook is not only an email client. It is a complete mailing solution and offers so many additional security features to its users that would make it the first choice among professionals. It stores its data in two formats: OST and PST. The OST file type enables its users to work in offline mode, which means you can access it even without connecting to the Internet. However, you can not send and receive emails without the Internet.
But sometimes, your Outlook file becomes corrupted and you may not be able to access it. This corruption issue may take place for several reasons, like exchange server crashes, internet connections not being properly established, bulked PST files, and many others. So, in this condition, you don’t have any other option than to for recovering Outlook mailbox.
In this write-up, we will use some easy and feasible approaches for Microsoft Outlook inbox repair . These may be done manually or with an automated process. You can opt for the most suitable one. In this next part, we will learn how to repair an Outlook OST file.
Different Techniques to Recover Corrupt OST File
Several methods can help you recover inaccessible OST files.
Method 1: OST File Recovery via Scanpst.exe
Scanpst is an inbuilt tool with the MS Outlook application. It helps you repair your damaged OST file by following the steps as instructed.
1. Open My Computer and go to the C Drive.
2. Navigate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office 16.
3. Search scanpst in the and Browse the corrupted file you want to scan.
4. Once it is scanned, tap the Repair button.
5. Finally, you recover corrupt OST file.
Note: Make sure to make a backup of your files before repairing them.
Method 2: Run Outlook in Safe Mode to Repair Outlook Data File
Sometimes, your OST files are corrupted due to improper termination of Outlook. In this case, you can run Outlook in safe mode. Follow the below steps to open Outlook in safe mode.
1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R.
2. Type Outlook.exe/safe and click OK.
3. Choose Profile Name for Outlook, or you can manage the settings by tapping the Options tab.
4. Alternatively, you can use your current settings or make a new profile.
5. Finally, your Outlook will run in safe mode.
Method 3: Disable Add-ins and Troubleshoot Outlook Data File Corruption Issues
Sometimes, we add faulty add-ins which may be one of the reasons for corrupted OST files. In this case, we can simply disable Outlook’s faulty Add-ins by following the steps below.
1. Open Outlook in safe mode.
2. Launch Microsoft Outlook Application and go to the File option.
3. Navigate to Option.
4. Move to Add-ins, then tap the Go option.
5. Following, check the boxes that you want to disable and press OK.
By following these methods, you’ll easily recover corrupt OST files. However, these techniques are not always effective because the majority of the time your OST file is not repaired and the issue continues. In this situation, you can use an OST Recovery Tool to repair your damaged or inaccessible OST file.
Method 4: Repair Outlook Mailbox with Advanced Method
The Sysinfo OST Recovery Tool is a comprehensive program that can fix corrupted, damaged, or inaccessible OST files without putting your data at risk. Moreover, it also recovers Outlook OST mail items such as tasks, emails, calendars, contacts, and distribution groups. In addition, you can convert your recovered OST file into a number of other file types such as EML, PST, DBX, MSG, MBOX, and Archive. Here are the steps that you can take to run the utility.
Steps to fix the Outlook data file corruption issue
1. Download and install the OST Recovery utility.
2. Tap the Open button to add the corrupted OST file.
3. Select the recovery mode for your added files.
4. Once your files are added, the software starts scanning the corrupted OST files.
5. After the scanning process, select the mailbox folder that you want to recover and tap the Save button.
6. Select the destination for your recover corrupt OST file.
7. Choose the file format in which you want to recover your data.
8. Rest, and manage the utility feature as per requirement.
9. Finally, your utility will start repairing Outlook data files.
In the above write-up, we learned different methods to recover corrupt OST files by using manual and automated approaches. Whereas, the manual approach is quite tricky and not suitable for heavily corrupted Outlook files. On the contrary, with automated tools, you can not only repair OST files but also migrate them into several file formats and email clients. You can read another blog to fix Microsoft Outlook keeps freezing issue.