When any types of files or folders missing or corrupted/destroyed in the system, or you try to register a dll with regsvr32.exe in the command prompt or Run box, and even an unpredicted condition like Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009 occurs. You would continuously get popup error messages while working on the system. But it’s incredibly discouraged to view there is just an “OK” button on the dialogue box, and because of this, the main concern is how to fix error code 0x80020009 in Windows 10 and clean up the run time error 80020009.
Well, Don’t Worry, In this tutorial, you will definitely get a complete solution to resolve Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009 While you face this error 0x80020009, you will get the popup tab mentioned below:
Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009 happens: Under what Condition?
Here, I am going to mention some of the common reasons that may lead to 0x80020009 (disp_e_exception):
- Error 0x80020009 occurs due to a registry issue.
- When you try to register a DLL with regsvr32.exe using the Run box or command prompt, then there are chances of getting an error.
- In case the registration of control was failed.
- Sometimes the DLL version is wrong or DLL is not in the path
- Control loads the incorrect DLL is also a reason of registry_error windows 8
- An error occurs due to insufficient rights to register the DLL files.
- It can also be caused by a system because of wide permissions issues.
These are the different reasons for the occurrence of the Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009. So to overcome these factors of creating error 0x80020009, let us look at the different methods to solve the 0x80020009 error according to different versions of Windows.
What you have to do to fix error code 0x80020009?
Approach 1: For Vista/Windows 7 Users
- Launch the regsrv.32.exe tool with their administrative rights on the system.
- To-Do this follow the same:
- First of all, click on the Start icon, then move to All Programs.
- Here, opt with Accessories and right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Then in the drop-down, select Run as Administrator and click on it.
- After that, type regsrv32.exe some.dll and press Enter. (It can replace some.dll and resolve the error code 0x80020009).
Approach 2: For Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 10, 7 Users
- Firstly, restore your computer to an earlier time while you using system restore:
- Now, click on the Start icon and move to the Accessories option.
- Then in the opening wizard, select the System Tools and then select System Restore.
- In the opening windows of System Restore, you have to follow the prompts.
- Now, select the restore point of the data before issues start happening.
- You have to check on the checkbox that says “Show more restore points”.
- After that, follow the prompts to initiate the System Restore.
- Finally, restart the computer and try to register a dll again.
Approach 3: For Windows XP Users
- At first, you have to restore file and registry security permissions to any safe state:
- Now, download and install the unzip restore_perms.zip.
- Then locate your unzipped folder and double click on the RUNME file
- After that. the command prompt opens on the screen and starts the restoration of file and registry permission to a safe state.
- Wait for the command to finish the working process.
- At last, when the command has been completed, try to register a DLL file again in the system.
For Windows Vista/Windows 10, 7 Users
- Now, click on the Start and opt with the Programs and then go through with Accessories.
- Then right-click on the Command Prompt and select the Run as Administrator.
- Here, in the command prompt enter the given below command and click Enter.
- secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
- Wait till the command completes their process. Sometimes it takes time so be patient.
- Moreover, when the command has been completed, they register a DLL file again.
Approach 4: fix Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009 using Windows Built-in utility
Step 1: Uninstall the Recently Installed Application
- Click on the Start button and search Control Panel and open it.
- In the opening wizard of the Control Panel. Press on the Programs.
- After that, click on the Programs and Features.
- Then select the program and click on the Uninstall option.
Step 2: Run the Utility(System File Checker) to fix Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009
- First of All, click the Windows+R button on your keyboard.
- Then enter cmd.exe and tap on the Enter button.
- After that, enter SFC/SCANNOW in the command prompt window.
- Then hit the enter to finish the process.
Note:- System File Checker is a Windows tool that allows users to check the corruptions/damage of windows system files. Moreover, it also enables the restoration of data from files. But, one thing you have to remember, don’t close the Command Prompt window till the verification is 100% complete. Additionally, scans results will display after completion of work.
Step 3: Check Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009 Removed or Not.
Well, the blog is focused on resolving the Windows Registry Error Code 0x80020009 error. Here, I have explained the various reasons that may lead to the error 0x80020009. But after going through the blog, you can easily fix this error code 0x80020009 using different approaches.