If you are searching for a solution to transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud. Then you are on the right page. In this technical blog, we learn the different manual and professional techniques for exporting Outlook contacts to iCloud.
So, without wasting much of your time, Let’s start. These days, Users use different cloud services for storing and saving their business and personal information. And, for them, their contacts must present all the web/cloud-based services they are using. Just take an example of Outlook and iCloud email applications. If you are using these email solutions and want to access your contacts on both of them, then you need to transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud.
Let us understand something about iCloud: iCloud stores your data safely and keeps your apps up to date across different devices. It means all your personal/professional — photos, contacts, calendars, emails, files, notes, and more — is available wherever you are. iCloud provides users 5 GB of free storage, and you can also add more storage space at any time.
These are some benefits users get while working with iCloud to manage their contacts. Now, before moving on to the solution to export Outlook contacts to iCloud. Check out some possible reasons behind this.
Necessity to Transfer Outlook Contacts to iCloud
- Users can open the iCloud account from everywhere using a proper internet connection.
- iCloud provides users a free storage space on the web and with a high level of data security measures.
- Sometimes, there is a chance of downtime in the Outlook server, and because of this, it does not allow the users to access contacts occasionally. It wastes a lot of time for the users.
- Security and privacy of the contacts and other email data offered by iCloud are sometimes better as compared to Outlook.
So, by these above points, you have known the reasons behind this. Now we find out the solution to transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud.
Best Technique To Export Outlook Contacts to iCloud
In this part, we will understand the step-by-step guide for migrating the contacts of MS Outlook to iCloud. You have to follow these solution steps precisely to do the same.
Export Outlook Contacts as a CSV File
First of all, you have to save the address book(contacts) of Outlook.com into the local system. By this, only you will import your Outlook contacts into iCloud. Follow the mentioned steps carefully:
- Open MS Outlook and log In with the essential details.
- Now, tap on the File tab option and select the Open & Export.
- In the opening section, go through with the Import/Export option.
- On the Import and Export Wizard, select the Export to a file option from the menu and click on the Next button.
- Here, opt with the Comma Separated Value (CSV) option and press Next.
- Now, from the folder structure select the contact files & folders that you want to transfer into iCloud.
- After that, tap on the Next button to move on to further steps.
- Click on the Browse button to select the destination path for saving files containing Outlook contacts.
- Finally, check the option(Export Contacts from folder) and click on the Finish button.
After performing the above steps, your Outlook contacts are saved on your desired location. Now, implement the procedure of the second step to finish the conversion of Outlook contacts into iCloud.
Convert CSV into VCF/vCard Format
As we know, iCloud is not compatible with CSV file format. Hence, they need to convert CSV file contacts into VCF or vCard format. To Do-So, follow the steps mentioned:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows+R key together.
- After opening the dialog box, type contacts in the required field and click on the Ok button.
- In the opening wizard, click on the Import button to add the CSV file, or one can also perform it manually by the drag and drop method.
- At last, click on the Export button and select vCard format to transfer CSV contacts into VCF format.
Import VCF file Into iCloud
After completing the above steps method, you can transfer your contacts from Outlook to iCloud using your VCF/vCard file through the built-in import feature of iCloud.
Users can transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud by implementing the working procedure of the above three phases perfectly. But sometimes, for non-technical users steps should be completed, and there are chances of data loss. One can also face the corruption issue of the CSV files. Therefore, to overcome this, users can opt with SysInfo Office 365 Backup & Restore Software.
The Software is exclusively designed to migrate Outlook contacts into iCloud without any data loss. Additionally, one can also save and transfer Outlook contacts into different file formats and email clients such as EML, PDF, MSG, EMLX, HTML, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, Thunderbird, Hotmail, GoDaddy Email, Amazon WorkMail, etc. Moreover, the tool is also capable of removing duplicate files and selective contacts backup.
Working Procedure of the Software
- Download and Install SysInfo Office 365 Backup Software.
- Sign In with the required credentials(Outlook ID and Password).
- Check the contacts folders from the tree to transfer.
- Select iCloud from the drop-down menu options.
- After that, select the built-in features of the software.
- Here, you can also define the name of the resultant folder.
- Tap on the Convert button to initiate the migration of Outlook contacts into iCloud.
- Additionally, you can also download the migration reports.
By this blog, we understand the reasons behind the migration of Outlook contacts into iCloud. It is expected that users can transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud using this simple method. But, for easy and quick migration of Outlook contacts into iCloud, users can go through with Office 365 Backup Utility by SysInfoTools.