Summary: Yahoo Inc. launched its first-ever web-based email client by acquiring Rocketmail for $96 million. PST (Personal Storage Table) is a file format of MS Outlook. It stores emails, calendars, and contacts in a single database file. In this post, we will discuss the process of exporting yahoo mail into a PST file. So, what is the importance of backing up Yahoo Mail?
Reasons to Export Yahoo Mail Locally
There was a time when Yahoo was the most used email client worldwide. Soon After, The rise of Outlook and other Desktop based email clients made it essential to switch. The main benefit of these applications is storing emails and other data like calendars, Contacts, Notes in PST, or other file formats like MSG, OST.
Why is Outlook better than yahoo Mail 2022?
- Outlook is a product of Microsoft that is more secure than Yahoo.
- MS Outlook never shows Ads, unlike Yahoo that irritates the user.
- Emails can be read and edited without an internet connection in Outlook.
- Yahoo changes its UI often that makes the user complex to operate. Whereas, Outlook is very simple to use.
- Hackers can breach your system through web-based emails(Yahoo) and manipulate your data.
As promised, we will now enlighten you about the methods to configure Yahoo mail in Outlook.
How to Export Yahoo Mail folders to PST file
These are two of the most researched and balanced methods to export Yahoo Mail to PST files. Both the approaches are 100% secure and efficient.
- Manual Approach to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
- An Automated way to Convert Yahoo Mail into PST file.
How do I transfer my emails from Yahoo to Outlook?
Manual method is not easy and requires technical knowledge. Firstly you have to create a Third-party app password before implementing this method. Follow these steps to add yahoo mail to Outlook 365 and turn it into. PST file.
- Open MS Outlook in your system.
- Click on File and Press Add Account button.
- Enter your Yahoo Mail username and Mark let me set up my account manually.
- After clicking Connect, Select IMAP from the menu.
- Enter your Third-Party App Password and tap Connect.
- Now, your account is fully migrated to your Outlook 365. Then, Click on Done to complete the process.
- Now, Go to File and choose Import & Export under the Open & Export menu.
- Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Choose Outlook data file(.PST) and hit Next.
- Here, Click on Next after selecting your Yahoo mail ID.
- Tap on the Browse button to save your PST file in your desired location by clicking Finish.
At last, You have now understood how to Export Yahoo Mail to PST file.
Limitations of Manual Method:
- Can’t be performed without technical knowledge.
- It takes a great amount of time if not fully skilled.
- There are some cases where data is being lost and could not be retrieved.
- You can only save the email data in PST format not attachments.
Professional Method to Export Yahoo Mail to PST file.
Apart from the manual method, there is an expert solution to backup Yahoo emails into PST files named SysInfo Yahoo Email Backup Tool. The Software can convert your emails into PST format in seconds. It can also import Yahoo mail to Office 365, Gmail, Thunderbird Mail, Opera Mail, OST, EML, MBOX, HTML, PDF, and many more file formats and email clients.
Step by Step Guide to Export Yahoo Mail to PST file
- Download and Install the software from the given link
- Run the tool as administrator.
- Log in with your Yahoo username and third-party app password. Tap Sign In.
- Select the mailbox folders from a tree-like structure present on the left side and click Next.
- Choose PST from the Saves/Backup/Migrate as menu.
- Use the Features offered by the software for optimum results.
- Mail filter is used to set the time duration for backup.
- Name your backup folder by using the Custom folder name.
- Click on Convert to start the process.
- Tap OK and Download the report as per your need.
In this blog, we learned the importance to export Yahoo Mail to PST and their effective manual and professional methods. As manual steps contain limitations, professionals and office users recommend third-party solutions over manual ones. Thus, try the free version to evaluate the performance and work of the software.
How do I export all my emails from Yahoo?
→ There is a Professional Tool that can be used to back up Yahoo Mail to 15+ file formats and email Clients.
- Open Yahoo Backup Software.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Select the All mail option and choose a file format.
- Use the Convert Button to Export Yahoo Mails.