buy Lyrica online india Summary: NSF (Notes Storage Facility) extension is a database file format used by the Lotus Notes, these days known as HCL Notes. But, if you are thinking, how do I open NSF files into Gmail? You must understand that there is no direct way to do so. In this technical post, we have discussed the simple method for opening your IBM Notes database files into Gmail.
What are Lotus Notes NSF files and Gmail?
NSF files is a standard database file format with extension .nsf is used as a saving format to store Lotus Notes mailboxes data like Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Journals, etc. The structure of these files is based on REX-11. Thus sometimes, it would be tedious for the users to import NSF files into Gmail.
Gmail is a free and safe email service provider managed by Google. It ensures that your data is always secure and accessible. Via Gmail, you can send and receive emails, block spammers, generate an address book, and execute other basic email tasks. It provides you with an integrated calendar, contacts, photos, and bookmarks applications right within your account.
Reasons to Open NSF Files in Gmail
Here, I mentioned the reasons that insist users to open NSF files without HCL notes:
- Users want to import NSF items Due to the higher installation and maintenance cost of Lotus Notes.
- Need a lot of storage space to store HCL Notes mailboxes data.
- It does not provide the needed server support.
- Notes server is down, or other related errors are also a reason.
- The possibility that the Lotus Notes is not installed on your system.
- As per the market trends, users want to switch to other email clients.
- If users want to take the backup of HCL Notes data, the process might slow down due to the large database size.
These are some reasons why you want to open NSF files on a different platform like Gmail. Does any question arise like how to open NSF file? Now, move towards the ways to open NSF files in Gmail instantly.
How do I open NSF files in Gmail Manually?
In order to transfer Lotus Notes emails to Gmail, users will have to disable the POP configuration in HCL Notes, and it will be a difficult task. There is also a direct solution available too, only the requirement is to migrate Lotus Notes into Outlook and then use the GAMMO tool to export NSF files into Gmail. Implement the following steps to-do-so perfectly:
Part 1: Import Lotus Notes to Gmail via PST
Steps are easy-to-apply and allow users to convert and import Lotus Notes to Gmail via PST. Follow the steps given below carefully:
- First of all, configure similar emails in Outlook and HCL Notes via configuration.
- Select and Copy-Paste the required Lotus Notes emails and contacts to that mail.
- Wait till the process gets completed. After that, you can view the data in Outlook.
Part 2: Export Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook Via GAMMO Tool
This method is simple and migrates Lotus Notes to Gmail effortlessly. To initiate the conversion, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, Check Out Your URL Open Lotus Notes on your local machine.
- At the opening dashboard, click on Email Icon.
- Opt with File and choose Export from the drop-down.
- Select the Save as type option. Go through with Common Separated Value/ Structured Text/ Tabular text from the drop-down of Save as type. Click on the Export button to move further.
- The Structured Text Export wizard opens on your screen. Select All documents & Unicode, click Ok.
- Now, your file will get saved to the desktop.
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Right-click on the Inbox and choose the New folder option. Assign the name of the folder and click on the created folder.
- Now, move to the File tab.
- Select Open & Export and opt with the Import/Export option.
- In the Import and Export wizard, select the Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Pick Comma Separated Values as a file format and hit the Next button.
- Click on the Browse button to select the file you have saved from Lotus Notes. Click Next.
- Select your created folder and tap on the Next button.
- Check Import a into folder option and select the Map Custom Fields if required. Click on the Finish button.
- Wait till the file gets uploaded successfully.
Migrate NSF to Gmail using GAMMO Tool to open NSF files in Gmail
This step will provide the procedure to Import NSF to Gmail (present in Outlook as PST) via the GAMMO tool. Apply the steps to-do-so:
- Open Google and search for GAMMO.
- Click on the Download migration tool on the displayed page.
- After downloading the tool, a window will appear. Type your email address and click Continue.
- A wizard will appear, and the Gmail page will open at your default web browser automatically.
- Sign In with your Username and Password and click on Allow Permission.
- Go to the Previous Window and opt with the Continue button.
- Opt with the following features if required:
- Choose to Use my most recent migration settings.
- Opt with the account from where you want to import the PST file.
- Migrate all data or Migrate only new data- Select One.
- Choose the required option, click on the Migrate button.
- After the migration gets completed. Click on OK.
- Finally, select the Start New Migration option if required, and click close.
How do I Open NSF files in Gmail Professioanlly?
If the above solution does not work for you, you can opt with SysInfo NSF to Gmail Converter Tool and open your NSF files data into Gmail with ease. The software is competent enough to export single and multiple NSF files into Gmail at a time. In addition, you can also preview the mail along with their attachment files.
Steps to Open NSF files into Gmail
- Download SysInfo NSF Converter and run it as administrator.
- Browse the NSF files from the system directory and click next.
- Check the folders that you want to export.
- Here, you can also preview the mail and their attachments files.
- Now, select Gmail from the left panel.
- Opt with inbuilt features if required.
- Assign the destination path and click on the Convert button.
- Finally, you can easily view and read NSF files data into Gmail.
NSF is the data storage format of HCL Notes, and there is only a few applications that support NSF files. If you want to open an NSF file in Gmail, then you can perform the above methods. Even the manual solution is the right approach; the automated way is always suggested because of its hassle-free and easy steps.