Are you looking for a solution to delete all emails in Yahoo Mail at once? If yes, then you landed on the right page. If you have a large number of contacts on your Yahoo Mail, then it means that your mailbox is flooded with multiple emails on a daily basis. It will take a long time to remove thousands of emails manually. So, here in this article, we will explain the different methods of how can you remove mass Yahoo emails at once. Get ready to clean up your messy inbox.
Method #1: Delete All Yahoo Emails Using Yahoo Mail
Yahoo does not have the feature to delete all mail at once. However, it facilitates the users either to delete the emails one by one or to delete the entire mailbox. But, only a few emails can be deleted at a time and deletion can be done page-wise only. Here are the detailed steps to delete all emails on Yahoo.
- Firstly, you have to select the emails one by one by checking the square box near the sender’s name.
- After that, choose the Delete option to remove them. But, doing this will retain emails in the Trash folder.
- Alternatively, you can go for the Select All option and delete it.
Method #2: Delete All Yahoo Emails Using Thunderbird
Most of the users out there use Thunderbird as an email client for their email accounts. If you use Thunderbird for managing Yahoo Mail, here are the detailed steps you need to take in order to delete all Yahoo emails at once.
Note: For adding your Yahoo Mail account into a third-party email client (Thunderbird), you have to allow it in your Yahoo account. Else, Yahoo will refuse to sync with your Thunderbird app. To enable it, you have to go to Yahoo Account Security, and turn on the toggle “Allow apps that use the less secure sign in.”
When you are done with the settings, start with the steps for deleting all the emails.
- Firstly, open Thunderbird, select one of your current email accounts in the left panel and click on Email in the Create a new account section.
- Click on Skip this and use my existing email, and type your Yahoo email address and password.
- After that, click Continue.
- Once you have connected your Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird, go to its inbox folder on the left panel, and click on the Get Messages button. This will sync your Yahoo Mail with Thunderbird. However, downloading all your email headers may take a while, especially if you have a lot of emails.
- While you are in Inbox, press Ctrl+A to select all your emails in the folder.
- Now, click the Archive button if you want to archive the messages. Or, hit the Delete button to delete them permanently.
Deleting the mails will not accomplish all the work. The emails will be retained in the Trash when deleting Yahoo inbox at one time. It should be removed from Trash that means it needs to hard-delete from the user account.
What to do if you want to take a backup of Yahoo emails?
This question can be answered easily by using a backup technique. Instead of permanently erasing emails and compromising on one’s needs, you can alternatively choose to backup emails before permanently deleting Yahoo mail.
Follow the below steps before you delete all Yahoo emails:
- Copy emails to local drive using manual copying
- Forward email messages to another account
- Use a backup application
If you want a faster and advanced way of backup then you have to go for a third-party tool like Yahoo Email Backup. The utility is equipped with a backup facility that is accompanied by a Delete After Download option. It helps you to permanently delete Yahoo mail at once from the server. This feature allows you to delete the backed up emails from the server in order to ensure their safety. Thus, it ensures the security of emails and helps you avoid ponderous methods to delete all Yahoo emails at once.
The above article describes the best ways to delete all emails of Yahoo at once. All the methods have been described in detail. This blog also suggests that it is preferable and safe to first backup Yahoo emails before you delete yahoo email from the server.