The error message “0x80070002” is one of the well-known errors users face while updating Windows. As it does not only occur on Windows 10 but also occurs on other different Windows versions such as Windows 8, 8.1, Vista, XP, and its earlier versions. Sometimes, users faced 80070002” or “80070003, it all depends on the Windows you are using. When you face the 0x80070002 error, you will get the popup tab mentioned below:
The fact behind the failure of windows installed like the file is not present in their exact place, corruption on some internal files, due to missing files, etc. And because of these reasons, there is a chance of getting 0x80070002. Here in this blog, you will learn the different techniques by which you can easily fix Error 0x80070002. Now, before going to the solution Let’s know some reason behind the error 0x80070002 in Windows 10.
Reasons For Getting Error 0x80070002
- In the process of installing Windows in the system.
- Due to the lack of some internal files.
- Because of any damaged files present on the exe of Windows.
- Due to not having all of the files that should have been transmitted when updating Windows software.
- Corrupted Windows Update Files.
- Initialization error at the time of downloading.
These are the different reasons behind the Error 0x80070002, Now, look at different methods to fix this 0x80070002 error.
Methods to Fix Error Code 0x80070002
Here, you will know about the different solutions to fix the error code 0x80070002 or 0x80070003. All of these options are easy to follow.
- Check Time Settings of System
- Check and delete the Corrupted Files from the PC.
- Remove Software Distribution Folder to Fix Error 0x80070002
- Use the troubleshooter of windows.
Technique 1: Check Time Settings of System
Time and Date settings have a great influence on the update of Windows. Simply check the date and time settings that may solve your error:
- Search the settings and click on the Time & Language.
- Now, press the Date and Time option in the Time and language wizard.
- Configure your time zone from the drop-down menu Time Zone and click Ok.
- You can also enable the option Set time zone automatically.
- Click on the Set time automatically before selecting the Change data and time Settings feature.
- Now, check Synchronize with an Internet time server option before choosing the Time Server from the menu of Change date and Time.
- Then Update the date as per your time zone.
- After that, click on the Change button to complete the configuration process.
- Then close all the opening windows.
- Finally, restart your computer before starting the Windows update. Moreover, if you had set an incorrect time on your local system, follow the above steps to fix the error 0x80070002.
Technique 2: Check and delete the Corrupted Files from the PC.
If the Check time option does not work, then there is a chance of corrupted files present on your system.
Scan and check the Damage Files
- Type CMD in the search window.
- Then right-click on it and select the option run as administrator and click OK.
- It will directly switch you to the Command Prompt.
- Now in the opening window of CMD, enter SFC /scannow and click the Enter key.
- Wait for a while, So that the process is complete.
If you get the message that everything succeeded, then start the Windows update again on the system. But if you get any errors that there is a presence of corrupted files. Then you have to repair the corrupted or damaged files.
Steps To Remove Corrupted Files
- Click on the Start icon and search the Control panel in the System.
- Now open the Control panel and search Administrative Tools in the search box of the Control panel.
- Then double-click on the Administrative Tools. Here, if the tool asked to provide an administrator password or confirmation, type password, and press Enter.
- Click the tab name to sort items in alphabet order.
- After that, you can find out about the Windows Update service easily.
- Then right-click on it and select the Stop button.
Furthermore, if deleting system files does not solve the error 0x80070002. You can fix this issue 0x80070002 by deleting the specific software distribution folder.
Technique 3: Remove Software Distribution Folder to Fix Error 0x80070002
To fix error 0x80070002 in Windows 10, you can also Remove the Software Distribution Folder from the system. The software is present on the C Drive of your PC. Additionally, you can also find where all the downloaded Windows updates are stored.
It may be present on the Windows 10 corrupted update files. Therefore enabling and starting the installation of windows. Follow the below steps to Remove the Software Distribution Folder.
- Click This PC or My computer on the system.
- And, go to the Local Disk(C:) folder.
- Then in the opening wizard of C Drive, search and delete the Software Distribution.
- Here, if you did not want to delete the Software Distribution Folder, then rename the folder to save it.
- Now, restart the computer before accessing the Windows Update.
- At last, you should preview the updates being downloaded and installed.
Technique 4: Use troubleshooter of windows.
The Windows Update using Troubleshooter is also a method which you are used to fixing errors 0x80070002. If you have any problems while updating Windows. Go to the Microsoft official website, search Troubleshooter, and download it. This tool can automatically search and fix the issues with Windows Update.
Data loss or corruption of files users may face while opting for the above methods. Hence, to fix the Corrupted Windows Update Files, you can use the Sysinfo Windows Data Recovery Software to fix the corruption and damage of windows data files. Users can recover the data present on the damaged or corrupted Windows files and backup them on the system.
You can even Recover Permanently Deleted Files on Windows 10,8,7 and for that go with the solution.
In this article, we understand that The error message “0x80070002” is one of the well-known errors users face while updating Windows. After that, look at the reason for Getting Error 0x80070002. Then, learn about the different methods by which users can solve or fix error code 0x80070002.