Are you annoyed with Gmail data problems online? If you are searching for methods to create Gmail backup for Mac. Here, we will discuss the most prominent solution to back up Gmail. We will use two approaches, manual and automated. Furthermore, we will utilize a third-party software that is Sysinfo Mac Gmail Backup tool.
Gmail is one of the most popular services of Google and is used by a lot of end-users. It provides several benefits like free email accounts with plentiful storage, fast searching, and access from any Web browser. Most importantly, the big Idea behind using Google is that your emails are safe in the cloud.
However, keeping your emails intact in the cloud is a risky issue. A network fault anywhere between your Google and Mac servers could make your email data inaccessible. A server fault can wipe out years of your saved data files. Now, the responsibility lies in your hands to take a backup of your Gmail Account contents. In order to create a backup, you should read in manual methods.
Methods to Create Gmail Backup for Mac OS
Both the methods shared in this blog require access to your Gmail account via IMAP. Check out if it is disabled then follow these steps to create a Gmail backup for Mac.
- Firstly, initiate with Log In to your Google account.
- Secondly, go for the gear-shaped icon in the upper right corner to pick the Mail Settings from the pop-up menu bar.
- Thirdly, pick the Forwarding and POP/IMAP links and make sure Enable IMAP is selected.
- If it is not chosen then choose it and complete with the Save Changes.
Method 1- Create a Local Backup with IMAP
You can locally download all your Gmail emails on MAC using an IMAP client like Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, or MS Outlook. Check out how with the steps given below.
Gmail Backup using Apple Mail
- Firstly, trigger Mail -> Preferences in your Apple Mailbox.
- Secondly, search for Accounts and pick out your Gmail account from the list on the left.
- Thirdly, from the advanced tab, you need to pick the keep copies of messages for the offline Viewing pop-up menu and find out All Messages And Their Attachments.
Gmail Backup with Thunderbird
- Firstly, proceed to your → Tools→ Account Settings.
- Secondly, from the list shown on the left → Gmail account → select Synchronization & Storage.
- Thirdly, keep a tab as Check on “Keep Messages for This Account On This Computer”.
- Go for the option “Synchronize All Messages Locally Regardless of Age”, and uncheck the option “Don’t Download Messages Larger Than __ KB”.
- In Advanced Tab make sure that all the Gmail folders you want to back up have a right check in the Download column.
- Let go of all dialog boxes with an OK submission.
Backup Gmail emails with Outlook 2011
- Look out for Preferences, click Accounts, and select your Gmail account in the list from the left.
- Tick server in Advance Tab. checks Always Download Complete Message Bodies is marked Check and uncheck in Inbox only.
- With Ok close the preferences window.
With the help of these methods, you have created a backup Gmail on Mac to an IMAP client. It creates two copies of your message i.e one on your mac and the other on the Gmail server. Now, if you accidentally delete any file from one place means then IMAP keeps your email program and Gmail in sync. Then, the file deleted at one place will make it disappear from the other.
To avoid such a scenario always use the Gmail Backup tool Mac.
Method 2 Alternate method to help Mac users with Gmail Email Download
With the use of the Sysinfo Gmail Mac Backup Tool, you can easily copy all Gmail messages for mac users. Instantly download all your messages to many other file formats. Easily works on all major versions of Mac OS. Simply extract all files on your hard drive or your local machine with the Gmail Backup tool on Mac today.
This blog helps all Mac users to easily build Gmail backup for Mac. The Gmail backup tool permits users to export Gmail emails to PDF, PST, MSG, MBOX, and various other file formats and email clients. I hope, you will find the given methods useful in making a backup of Gmail for Mac systems.