MSG files refer to Mailing File format. Also, the .msg file format helps to store a single message object such as an appointment, a contact, an email, create tasks, etc. This file also contains ASCII plain text for the main message and the header body. It also contains attachments and hyperlinks. You can archive or scan viruses using the MSG files. Emails are used for communications. Also, a large amount of data is saved in the form of emails. You can import msg files into Gmail to keep the data safe.
Reasons to Import Outlook MSG to Gmail
- You can use Gmail as a free mail service, and you can access emails from any system under the internet connection. It can make you import msg to Gmail.
- Also, it allows you to access the emails that you have stored as MSG files from anywhere. This can make you import msg files into office 365.
- Outlook msg file has less space when compared with Gmail. It is one of the secure platforms to send and receive emails. It can be the reason to import MSG to Gmail
- It allows you to access your old messages that you sent and received in the past.
Here, you can refer to the reasons mentioned above to Import MSG files into Gmail. There is a solution for how to open msg files in Gmail. You can follow them as mentioned below.
Solution to Import MSG Files into Office 365
Before performing steps, you should install Outlook in your system. After that, you should have a desktop-based client with proper configuration settings on your system. Now, you can perform these steps.
- First, open the MS Outlook and then configure it with your Gmail account.
- Click the MSG folder that you want to import after the configuration.
- After that, select the message that you want to open in Gmail.
- At last, Drag and Drop the selected MSG message file in the Gmail Account folder.
After following the above solution you can import MSG files into office 365. There are some limitations to the above solution. You read them as mentioned below.
- It is a time-consuming process.
- A non-technical person requires complete guidance to perform these steps.
- This causes a data loss problem.
To overcome the above limitations, I recommend MSG Converter. This directly helps to Import MSG files into Gmail, Opera Mail, Yahoo, Office 365. It converts the MSG online into various document formats such as DOC, TXT, DOCM.
MSG converter helps to convert MSG files into PST, EMLX, MBOX, AOL, TXT, HTML, PDF, EMLX, MHT. Also, it can convert the MSG files in bulk. The MSG converter can save the MSG files into TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG. It allows you to add multiple files and folders at a single time during the MSG file conversion process. You can also transport the Outlook MSG file into the CSV format.
Moreover, to understand the working of the MSG converter. You can use the steps mentioned below.
Working of MSG Converter
- First, you have to open Sysinfo MSG Converter so that you can transfer the MSG file online. After that, click the Add file/browse file option.
- Now, choose the MSG file from the path where you have saved it. Then, click on the open option.
- All selected files are seen on the screen with a Pop-up message. Now, click the Ok button.
- After that, select the folders that are having files.
- You can now select the File format option in which you want to convert the MSG files.
- Choose the Date filter option, and then it will allow you to convert the mail with a particular period.
- The Naming convention feature helps you to select the file according to a particular name form.
- At last, you have to click on the Convert button. Here, You can download the report using the Download Report button.
Here, I have summarized the best ways to import MSG files into Gmail in bulk with attachments. There are some reasons that users were facing with the MSG files. So, I have mentioned some of the reasons and then provided a solution to import MSG to Gmail. This solution had some limitations. To overcome these limitations, I have mentioned a third-party tool ie. MSG converter as well as it’s working in a step by step manner.