Updated on March 28th, 2023
User query – “I have an account in my organization and want to transfer all files and documents to my personal Google Drive Account. Moreover, I am suffering so many obstacles while sharing files. Please let me know how to move files between Google Drive accounts without facing any difficulties.”
Over a Billion users recommend using Google Drive to store their personal information in it. In addition, G Drive supports various file-sharing options and easy collaboration within a domain. For example, many users want to requisite to export Google Drive files to another account due to insufficient storage. In this article, we will go through the foremost methods how to move files from one google drive to another. Additionally, you can also use the Sysinfo Google Drive Migrator for better use.
Several reasons are given below why users are required to export Google Drive files to another account.
Here, you can see that we have discussed why we need to migrate Google Drive to another account.
Are you also facing similar problems that are discussed in the above section? Here, we are giving you a brief overview of different approaches.
Note: First four approaches will be done manually and the remaining will be done by using an automated tool.
1. First, log in to your Google Account with the credentials.
2. After that, choose the files or folders that you want to migrate.
3. Then, right-click on your selected files.
4. Hit on the “Share” button.
5. Make sure to enter the email id of that specific individual to share your file or document. Click on the Done Button.
1. Go to Google Drive and log in with your ID and password.
2. Choose the files or folders that you want to migrate into another account.
3. Then, right-click on your selected files.
4. Hit on the Download button.
5. Now, log in to your other account where you want to share your folders.
6. After that, go to the left-hand side, and click on the My Drive > Upload Files / Upload Folders.
7. Upload your downloaded file at the user’s convenience.
1. Sign in to your Google Takeout.
2. Go to Create a New Export > Deselect all > Drive > Next Step.
3. Make sure to choose the file type, frequency, and distribution. Hit on the Create Export button.
4. In the end, you can easily download your chosen files after the exporting process.
1. Log in to Google Admin Console with your admin credentials.
2. Click on ‘Apps> Google Workspace> Drive and Docs’.
3. Hit on the “Transfer ownership”.
4. Write the name of current users under the From users section and write the name of new individuals name to the To Users section. Hit on the Transfer Files Option.
What are the drawbacks of performing the Manual Method?
Note: Everyone loves to perform manual methods. But without the basic knowledge of Google Drive, you are not able to perform these steps.
Sysinfo Google Drive Migrator is a comprehensive and efficient tool that aids to move files from one Google Drive to another account. While using this tool, users can easily take backup of their documents, and files that are stored in G Drive on their local system. This software is highly compatible with all versions of Windows OS. In a free version of this utility, users can straightforwardly use this to convert up to 20 MB of files. There is also a feature where it removes all duplicate files or documents. This utility transfers all data securely and safely with 100% of assurance and is highly recommendable by IT Professionals.
What are the Working Steps of Google Drive to Google Drive Migration?
1. Download and run the software on your local system.
2. After that, locate the set path – Log Path or Temp Path.
3. Hit on the Next button.
4. Now, select the Another Account option where you are willing to export your desired files.
5. You can preview the files that have been selected on your Google Drive Account. Hit on the Next button.
6. Select the mailbox items that you want to import from Google Drive > Next button.
7. Use features like Select extension, Select date, and Allow Duplicate files if needed. Click on Next.
8. From the Destination drive, click on the Google Drive option.
9. Again choose an account where you want to migrate the data.
10. Enter the name of the folder after exported and hit on the OK button.
11. In the end, you can easily download the report.
This article includes two approaches for how to move files from one google drive to another – Traditional and Professional. The first four methods are a part of the manual approach and the remaining is done by the professional method. Users can easily decide which method is easy to perform. So, choose the method at your convenience. Also, you can read our other blog to migrate from G Suite to Office 365.
About The Author:
As a content writer, I specialize in Email Migration, Data Recovery, Email Backup, and File Management. I have been writing professionally for two years now. There is so much information available in this field that I am intrigued by the newer technologies and techniques.
© Copyrights 2014-2023 Recovery & Management is an Affiliate Partner of Sysinfo Tools Software Pvt. Ltd.