Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook Invalid XML – Error Resolved
There are many scenarios where users face a common issue that cannot start Microsoft Outlook invalid XML. It usually arises when users want to access their corrupted or damaged PST files in Outlook. If you cannot open the Outlook window invalid XML, it may be an improper shutdown of your local system. Another reason might be that there are some malware or viruses which are harming your XML files. Commonly, such an error appears in the Navigation pane settings.
In an upcoming blog, I will discuss numerous solutions to resolve an issue of an invalid XML view, which cannot be loaded. You can check out all of them.
How to Fix the Error “Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook Invalid XML”?
There are various ways to fix such an Outlook cannot open invalid XML error. You can go through all of them.
- Reset Navigation Pane in MS Outlook
- Delete the Corrupted XML file in Microsoft Outlook
- Resolve invalid XML view, which cannot be loaded by disabling the Compatibility Mode
- Restore Older Versions of PST Files in Outlook.
- Fix the error that cannot open the Outlook window due to an invalid XML file through scanpst.exe Inbox Repair Utility.
Here, I have given you a glimpse of all the troubleshooting methods. I will go through each of them in detail.
Method 1: Reset Navigation Pane in MS Outlook
- Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
- After that, a drop-down list will show on your local screen. Choose run from the list.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear—type Outlook.exe/resetnavpane.
- Moving ahead, click on the OK button.
From the above troubleshooting procedure, you can resolve cannot start Microsoft Outlook invalid XML error.
Method 2: Delete the Corrupted XML File in Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the Search Bar or hold down Windows + R.
- Mention %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook in the search field > OK button.
- After that, it will show the Outlook configuration window on your local screen.
- Search the Outlook.xml file from the drop-down list under the windows explorer folder.
- Now, choose and delete the desired file from your system.
It will definitely help you to fix the Outlook invalid XML error. Otherwise, I will also discuss other solutions. You can opt for them.
Method 3: Resolve Invalid XML View, Which Cannot Be Loaded by Disabling the Compatibility Mode
- Exit from all MS Office applications, including Outlook.
- Afterwards, search Outlook.exe in the search bar.
- Now, right-click on the Outlook icon and choose Properties from the drop-down.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Moving ahead, highlight and untick the Run this program in compatibility mode and click the Apply button.
- Further, click on the OK button and exit from the window.
- After that, open the MS Outlook application again.
It will fix the error that cannot start Microsoft Outlook invalid XML. Furthermore, I will discuss other solutions to resolve invalid XML in Outlook.
Method 4: Restore Older Versions of PST Files in Outlook
- Choose the Outlook folder where your PST files locate.
- Now, right-click on the chosen Outlook Folder and pick Restore Previous Versions.
- After that, a new window will appear, which shows as Outlook Files Properties.
- Further, Click on the Previous Versions tab.
- Moving ahead, Double-click the current folder labeled in accordance with the name or date.
- If you have PST files in the specific folder, you can copy and paste your PST files into a separate folder.
You can also resolve Outlook cannot open invalid XML issue.
Method 5: Fix The Error That Cannot Open The Outlook Window Due to Invalid XML File Through Scanpst.exe Inbox Repair Utility
- Copy and Paste to the mentioned path on the Folders Path – C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office\
- Highlight the SCANPST.EXE file in your desired file.
- Further, Click the Browse button and choose the default Outlook PST file.
- Moving ahead, click on the Start button. This utility will start doing its work of scanning minor errors in the PST files.
- If your PST file has any minor error or corruption, click the repair the errors button.
- Lastly, click on the Repair button.
Note: If your in-built inbox repair utility, ScanPST not responding, you can also check for the latest updates of MS Outlook.
Now, I have successfully mentioned all the procedures to resolve the issue of cannot start Microsoft Outlook invalid XML. You can follow any of the solutions. Moreover, if your PST files have severely damaged or corrupted, even Scanpst.exe Inbox Repair Utility can not repair the corruption. You can straightforwardly opt for the Sysinfo PST File Recovery software. It is an adequate utility that aids in recovering all Outlook mailboxes, such as Contacts, Calendars, from corrupted PST files. There is a feature to handle alignment errors of the target PST files.
Let’s Wrap Up!
Now, I would like to provide you with a conclusion of the entire blog and hope you got sufficient information. I have mentioned various ways to fix the problem of cannot start Microsoft Outlook invalid XML. You can opt for any of them where you feel comfortable while accomplishing them in the future.