How to Resolve Microsoft Outlook Folders Not Showing Issue
When the Outlook folders not showing issue occurs, and your Microsoft Outlook application is not working properly. But sometimes, all the public folders may disappear, and you are not able to open any folder in Outlook. After that, you will get a notification Cannot display the folder. It can arise for several reasons, such as a corrupted/damaged Outlook profile. This technical blog will discuss various solutions to get rid of such an error.
But before jumping towards the procedures, you should know the reasons behind it.
- PST/OST file corruption
- Microsoft application errors
- Memory related causes
- Disruption of files during configuration
- Corrupted/ Damaged Outlook profile due to malware intrusion or virus infection.
Now, we will go through the possible ways to resolve the problem.
How to Fix The Outlook Folder Not Showing Errors?
We have numerous solutions to display the emails in subfolders in Outlook that are not showing adequately. Follow the given troubleshooting procedures to resolve such an issue.
- Disable Cached Mode to fix Unable to disable the Folder error
- Modify Registry Values
- Run In-Built Utility to resolve the Public folders not showing in Outlook problem.
- Update your Outlook Application
- Check and Turn-Off Faulty Add-ins
- Rename your OST file
We will discuss each method in detail. It will figure out ways to resolve the Outlook Folder not showing the problem.
1. Disable Cached Mode to Fix Unable to Disable The Folder Error
- First, open the Microsoft Outlook application on your screen.
- Afterwards, go to the File tab > Account Settings section > Account Settings.
- Now, deselect the Use cached exchange mode box.
- In the end, launch MS Outlook again.
The above solution will fix the Microsoft Outlook cannot display the folder problem.
2. Modify Registry Values
- First, exit from your Outlook application.
- After that, launch the Run dialogue box and input the regedit > OK button.
- Follow the subsequent registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem
- In the Edit option, choose New > DWORD Value.
- Mention SharedMemMaxSize > Enter key. Afterwards, right-click on it and choose Modify option.
- In the Value data box, enter 300000. Opt for the Hexadecimal as the default base.
- Then, choose the OK button.
- Finally, choose the Exit button to close the Registry Editor from the File tab.
It will resolve the public folders not showing in Outlook error.
3. Run In-Built Utility to Resolve The Public Folders Not Showing in Outlook Problem
- Search Task Manager in the search box.
- Search for Outlook under the Processes tab.
- After that, right-click Outlook and choose the Open File Location option from the drop-down list.
- File Explorer will open where you have installed the MS Outlook application. Highlight Scanpst.exe.
- Then, click the Browse button and mention the Corrupted PST file.
- Now, choose the Start button. When the utility finds an error, it will start resolving issues automatically.
- Choose the repair option > Make backup of the scanned file before repairing option.
- In the end, click the OK button.
It will resolve Outlook folders not showing errors.
4. Update Your Outlook Application
- First, launch the Outlook application on your screen and move to the File tab.
- Afterwards, click on the Office Account option.
- Then, click Update Now in Update Options.
5. Check And Turn Off Faulty Add-ins
- Press Windows + R to open the run dialog box.
- Input Outlook.exe /safe in the search box > Enter key.
- Then, click the Yes button to confirm the prompt button.
- Launch the MS Outlook application in normal mode > File tab.
- Click on Options > Add-ins > COM Add-ins.
- In the end, you can deselect the desired add-ins to delete them.
6. Rename Your OST File
- Launch MS Outlook and choose File > Account Settings.
- After that, select data files to search your OST file.
- Now, move to the OST files location: C:Users/YOURNAME/AppDataLocal/MicrosoftOutlook.
- You can rename/remove your OST file.
- In the end, open Outlook again.
We have mentioned all the possible troubleshooting solutions to fix the Outlook Folders not showing errors. If the above solution does not work properly, it simply indicates that your PST file is highly damaged. If you want to repair Outlook PST files, you can opt for the Sysinfo PST File Recovery Tool. It will recover maximum corruption from your Outlook PST files.
Now, we have reached the end. We have discussed various solutions to resolve the Outlook Folders not showing issues. You can check them out. We hope the above guide will be helpful to get your answer. But in case, you are not able to figure out the problem, make sure to check your PST files.