monstrously Summary:- PST files are very well-known by all Microsoft Professionals; as it stores all the Outlook mailbox data in a specific PST file. Suppose you are looking for a solution to merge multiple PST files into one. So, I am here with a blog that will suggest the best manual method to merge multiple PST files. You can also go for the Orangeville SysInfo PST Merge Tool which allows users to combine multiple Outlook PST files into one.
What is a PST file?
Email client Microsoft Outlook is used widely across the globe, and different users configure and use it to access other email services. The email data in MS Outlook is stored in a single PST file. In a word, the PST file is the database of MS Outlook.
Why Do we need to Combine Multiple PST Files into One?
This requirement is not often raised by normal or home users, but when MS Outlook is used in large organizations where email is the basic source of any communication, the requirement pops up rapidly. This is because:
- The size of the PST file is limited (i.e. 2 GB for ANSI and 20 GB for Unicode)
- Single user accesses multiple emails on different computers
- Employee resigns and you have to handle its previous emails.
These are the basic why we need to combine multiple PST files into one single PST. Of course, it gives ease to access all the emails in a single interface.
Methods to Merge Multiple PST Files into One?
Many tricks and methods are mentioned over the internet to combine PST files, but I always suggest my readers reach their goal using a manual technique. Also, if you have a few PST files, manual merging is the best option rather than opting for an automated tool. It is often seen that users have protected their PST files with passwords. If you forget the password, you can unlock the password-protected PST file by following simple steps. People often try unusual tricks to manage PST files, and their PST file gets corrupted; in that scenario, you can read the complete steps to repair Outlook PST file.
Steps to Merge one or more PST Files into One Manually
If you want to merge the large PST file that can be used with the latest Outlook versions, you can use the below-mentioned manual steps:
Step 1: Create a new blank PST
Follow the simple steps to create a new blank Outlook PST:
- Start Outlook and click on New Items>> More Items>> Outlook Dat File.
- You have to select a location to save the new blank PST and provide a name for it.
- Click on the Ok button to proceed further.
Step 2: Merge PST files into the newly created blank. PST file
Follow these steps to merge PST files into the new File created above:
- Open Outlook and click on the File.
- Opt for the Open and go for the Import option.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select the Import from another program or File and click on Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and tap Next.
- Now, click on Browse to locate the file to be imported.
- Mark the Do not import duplicates box.
- Click on the Next button.
- Add the folder you want to import and click on the Next.
- Finally, mark the Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in the boxes and click on the Finish button.
An Expert Solution to Merge Multiple PST Files into One
If you want to merge two or more PST Files into One, I suggest you go for a third-party tool. Many third-party PST Merge Tools are available in the market and may perform a Google search for them. I would personally recommend an inexpensive tool I used for my organization. You can try the best free pst merge tool named Sysinfo PST Merge Tool. I suggest you try a demo version of this tool before you purchase it.
The blog will offer users both manual and expert methods. Now it is your call to pick any of them to merge multiple PST files into one. But keep a backup of your data if you want to try a manual process, there are chances of data loss. I hope your doubts are clear about merging or combining multiple PST files manually and using an automated tool.