Are you struggling with Outlook sync error 0x80040115 and looking for the solutions to resolve it? Then this is the place where you will find all the possible solutions to your queries. Therefore, read this guide to understand it properly.
What does Outlook Error 0x80040115 mean?
Error 0x80040115 is a common issue that users encounter when sending or receiving emails via Outlook. This error will occur when you trying to send the mail and you will get the error message that displays below:
“Microsoft Exchange Server reported an error (0x80040115): The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be connected to complete this action”
What are the Causes of Outlook Error Code 0x80040115?
Incomplete Installation: One of the major causes that can cause such problems is an incomplete installation of Outlook. Some users have reported that they face this error because of the corrupted or incomplete installation.
Weak Internet connection: In most situations, the main cause can be a weak or low internet connection. If this is the case, your internet connection must be verified and connected to a stable and strong connection.
Oversized or Large PST files: Generally notes, copies of events are stored in the PST file. But, over time, some major to minor issues can be produced. Therefore, this problem could be caused by an oversized PST file.
Third-party add-ins: When you run any third-party program, it may clash with Microsoft Outlook, resulting in Outlook error code 0x80040115.
These all are the causes of the occurrence of this error. Now, this is the time to know the solutions for solving it.
How to resolve Outlook sync error 0x80040115?
There are many manual ways to resolve it as follows:
Method 1: Clear DNS Cache(Flush DNS):
There may be an issue with the DNS setup in most situations. You should flush your DNS in that situation, that means, you can clear your DNS cache. But you need to be sure that you are using an administrator account while you are doing this. Take a look right away to do this action:
- Click Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list to open a command prompt.
- Type the following command and hit Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
- Then check for issue.
Method 2: Open Outlook application in Safe Mode
You can try launching Outlook in safe mode if you are using third-party add-ins to see if that fixes the problem. How to do it here:
- Click Windows Key + X to open Run.
- Type the following command and hit Enter: Outlook /safe
- Try to send an email to see if the problem continues until Outlook opens up.
- If the issue has been fixed, by going to File and then Options, you will have to uninstall the add-ins.
- Press Add-ins on the left side and delete all third-party add-ins.
Method 3: Update profile settings:
Another way to fix your issue would be to change the settings of your profile a bit. If you don’t use an Exchange account, the question will most likely be solved. How to do it here:
- Initially, Go to the Start Menu >>Control Panel.
- Set the large icons by View and open Mail.
- Hit on Show Profiles>> choose your Profile>> hit Properties.
- Tap account email, highlight your account then press Change.
- Press More Settings in the tab at the bottom left.
- Check Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange to switch to the Security tab.
- Press the OK button.
Method 4: Repair Outlook Installation
Ultimately, the error will refer to a failed configuration of Microsoft Outlook. In such a scenario, restoring Microsoft Outlook will easily fix the installation. To do so, follow the instructions given:
- Click Windows Key + X and choose Apps and features at the top.
- Locate Microsoft Outlook from the list, choose it and press Modify.
- Then try to run a Quick Repair and check if it fixes the issue. If it doesn’t, choose Online Repair.
- Check for error.
So these all are the manual ways to solve Outlook Error 0x80040115. But these methods are too lengthy and complex. It may not solve this issue so it is better to go with a direct method. This sending reported error 0x80040115 may occur due to corrupted Outlook PST files so to repair them you can use PST Repair utility. This is the professional tool that is used to repair all the corrupted and damaged PST files quickly without any loss of data.
We discussed Outlook Sync Error 0x80040115 in more detail then why this happens. After that, all manual measures have been mentioned to solve it, but there are some drawbacks to this approach so to avoid that there is also a direct method explained in this blog.